Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation Path not working correctly

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
either.ardrey
204 Views, 3 Replies

Installation Path not working correctly

I'm currently trying to install Max 2012, but my C drive is full, so I'm trying to set the installation path to my expansion drive, but no matter what I do, it keeps trying to install stuff in the C drive, even though I specified the expansion drive (in my case E). Why is this happening and and how do I get it to install only on E instead of part on C and part on E?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

I think I got it to work by deleting any autodesk files in the C drive and then retrying the setup application.

Message 3 of 4
DarrenP
in reply to: either.ardrey

you can't this is how windows works

it has to install parts of the program to the OS drive

you may need to look at cleaning up your hard drive

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
chinsterdeo
in reply to: either.ardrey

I had the same problem. Here's what to do:

1. Temporarily create some space on the C: Drive.

2. Select another drive location for installation, which has more space.

3. Click install.

4. It will say, no space on C: drive (even though you selected another one)

5. Uncheck as many items from the Suite such that the remaining ones can theoretically fit on C: drive.

6. Click install.

7. The "No space in C: Drive" warning will disappear

8. Software will get installed on the drive you specified. 

9. Some contents will appear in C:\Program Files\Autodesk ... around 100 MB

10. And some more contents (~5.51 Gb) will appear on C:\ProgramData\Inventor as below: The great big chunk of it is the content library. 

11. Cut and Paste all contents of "C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Inventor 2012\Content Center\Libraries" to some other drive. These files constitute almost 5.5 GB, so you'll get back your space.

12. When you run Inventor, go to Application Options and change location of the Content Library path to the new one you selected. See pg 14 of http://www.synergis.com/uploads/2012-inv-performance.pdf

Conclusion:

So yes, essentially, you need to have some components on C: Drive, and you can install the remaining stuff on another drive, but you gotta do it one by one, ie the entire suite cannot be installed in one go.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report