Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

installation of stand alone license with network license

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
vlauck
450 Views, 6 Replies

installation of stand alone license with network license

I have received approval for a stand alone license for our network license. The directions are to download the software and then select "standalone" when prompted, however, I have been unable to download the software from your website without error. Is it necessary to download the software first from the network license and, then, download the standalone, or should I be able to download the software from your website?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
DarrenP
in reply to: vlauck

autodesk doesn't separate the installations that way

if you already downloaded the software for the network license you can use the same download for the standalone license

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
jacksondogsowner1

Try using the latest version of internet explorer (ie v11) for the download.  On my computer I was unable to use either Chrome or FireFox or an older version of IE for the download.  Though IE11 worked every time.

Hope that helps.

Message 4 of 7
vlauck
in reply to: jacksondogsowner1

perfect...thank you!  As soon as I read your post, I remembered that I'd had that same problem before.  Thank you!!

Message 5 of 7
FeeopEngr

vlauck

When you say you received approval, was that from Autodesk, and if so, can you give me some more details.

I recently moved across the country to setup a new company office, and can't seem to access our network software using VPN, so I would like to speak with someone at Autodesk.

Our software isn't currently under subscription as the company couldn't justify the cost for a single user (me).

Anyway, thanks for any help.

Feeop
Message 6 of 7
vlauck
in reply to: FeeopEngr

We converted a stand alone license to a network license of building design suite premium, which allows one stand alone license for when you're working at home. After the network license was installed on our server, the process was to then contact Autodesk for the stand alone license. It takes 3-5 days for "approval" and then you receive an email with the necessary details to download a license to your home computer. Hope it works for you!
Vickie

This email, and any document attached hereto, may contain
confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended
recipient (or have received this email in error) please notify the sender
immediately and destroy this email. Any unauthorized, direct or
indirect, copying, disclosure, distribution or other use of the material
or parts thereof is strictly forbidden.
Message 7 of 7
DarrenP

@vlauck wrote:
We converted a stand alone license to a network license of building design suite premium, which allows one stand alone license for when you're working at home. After the network license was installed on our server, the process was to then contact Autodesk for the stand alone license. It takes 3-5 days for "approval" and then you receive an email with the necessary details to download a license to your home computer. Hope it works for you!
Vickie

this is the home use license which is a benefit of being on subscription

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-...

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report