Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation of Home Use software requires internet connection?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
scottmartin88
371 Views, 2 Replies

Installation of Home Use software requires internet connection?

I have a user that needs one of the Autodesk products included in our subscription installed on a workstation that will not be connected to any network, whether the work network or the internet in general. It's due to the classified nature of the project that the workstation will be used for; I asked if the workstation could be on the network prior to being used on the project, and was told that no, it can never be.

My thought was to get a Home Use license for the system, so that the software can be installed without using a network deployment, and without needing to ping the company's license server. The question I have is, I know from a prior experience having problems installing a home use license that the Autodesk tech I was communicating with was able to tell right away when the home use license had actually connected to the internet. Does the home use license NEED to connect through the internet to work, or can it work totally offline?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: scottmartin88

If you are requesting a special stand-alone home activation for a network license, then you should be able to get a manual activation code that will allow the product to be activated offline.  You should work with your Reseller on this.  They will be able to help with the request code and provide you the activation code. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3
scottmartin88
in reply to: TravisNave

Thanks for the quick reply! I'll submit my request for a home use license and be sure to mention that I need it offline only. 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report