Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation of AutoCAD 2014 Failing...

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
ThomFlash
9525 Views, 10 Replies

Installation of AutoCAD 2014 Failing...

Below is a copy of the error string (which I've divided at each line to aid in reading):

An error occurred during the installation of assembly

'FARO.LS,version="1.1.501.0",type="win32",

processorArchitecture="amd64",

publicKeyToken="1d23f5635ba800ab"'.

Please refer to Help and Support for more information.

I've followed all install instructions and removal and re-install directions in case prior install attempts left anything behind. I've turned off the UAC and disabled Symantec Endpoint Protection and tried again. 

FYI: The error says "type=win32," but I'm running Win 7 64 bit. 

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Inline image 1

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
emily.xu
in reply to: ThomFlash

Hi, Welcome to Autodesk Community!

Please check if this solution can help you to resolve the issue.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Emily Xu
Product Support
Message 3 of 11
ThomFlash

Thanks. I had tried all of those measures and others mentioned on the page fill of re-installation instructions. In the end I downloaded the full package (1.5GB version) and continued beyond the FARO error when it came up again. I'm not sure what this component does, but the software appears to run correctly without FARO having installed.
Message 4 of 11
ThomFlash

BTW: This seems to be a persistent issue. I'm the end, I spent hours working through various solutions suggested on several support pages. I'm a power user of design/development software, and frequently install all Adobe and Microsoft products, 3D apps, and more. Installing AutoCAD was the most difficult software I've ever installed, and required the help of a professional tech support professional. This problem was not an issue on one of my other machines, so it seems there's something wrong with FARO during installation that should be fixed.
Message 5 of 11
c3171947

Hi,

I have the same problem, and I have tried all the suggested solutions on different pages. Still cant get the Autocad installed on my computer.

Can you please help me with this? Very frustrating, I can not even choose not to install Faro as a part of AutoCAD installation.

Message 6 of 11
jessica.t
in reply to: c3171947

Hi @c3171947 ,

Could you please try removing all Microsoft Visual C++ from your control panel under Programs and Features?

Once removed and before starting your re-installation, please take the following steps:

- You have administrator rights to the machine

- Disable your firewall or antivirus software

- Your Windows Temp folder isn't full

- One the Windows Start menu, enter %TEMP% in the "search programs and files" edit field

- In the Temp folder press CTRL+A to select all the files and folders contained in the Temp directory and delete them.

If the issue persists, please respond to this post with a copy of your installation log. Or please "Accept as a Solution" if this post resolves your issue so that others with this same question can more easily find an answer. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 7 of 11
c3171947
in reply to: jessica.t

Hi Jessica,

I followed all your instructions, deleted all the Microsoft Visual C++, deleted the temp files, have admin rights, and turned off my Mcafee anti virus, but no success. I had the follwing errors and also attached the log files. I appreciate your help in rectifying this issue. This is probably my 10th attempt installing AutoCAD on my laptop.

Message 8 of 11
c3171947

Please find the pop up messages I received during the installation.

Message 9 of 11
jessica.t
in reply to: c3171947

Hi @c3171947,

Will you try this Autodesk Solution and let me know if it helps resolve the issue? Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 10 of 11
ig769

I am also getting the same error with the faro thing.

I disabled the antivirus, cleared the temp files and deleted the cpp programs. I also have administrator rights.

Attached are the log files.

Message 11 of 11
c3171947

Hello Jessica,

I followed your instructions and worked. Thank you 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report