Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation of 2011 inventor successful, license apparently unavailable?

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
766 Views, 11 Replies

Installation of 2011 inventor successful, license apparently unavailable?

We currently have 2010 inventor on the computer and pay a subscription fee, which allows us to updates. We have downloaded our update for 2011 and installed it onto the computer successfully, now when we look for the license file its not there. Surely as we have a license for 2010 and pay for updates we should be covered, do we need an updated license file?

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
DarrenP
in reply to: Anonymous

yes you do & also update flex lm

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: DarrenP

ok thanks

i dont suppose you could explain how i go about getting an updated licence file at all please? and what is this flex Im?

Thanks

Message 4 of 12
DarrenP

flex lm is the license manager

you can go here: autodesk.com/register

or you can call 1-800-551-1490

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 12
DarrenP

your going to need your mac address & server name to generate a license file

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous

how do i get my group id then, i have followed your instructions so far, but now asking me for a group ID and i dont know where to look for it?

sorry for being a pain!

Message 7 of 12
DarrenP

i don't know what you mean by group id

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous

as we are a subscription customer, we must install and activate the software using our Group ID, but we arent sure where to find our group id, as when we try opening inventor we cant due to invalid license (one big circle lol)

THANKS

Message 9 of 12
TravisNave

Generally your serial number is your group ID.  You should be able to verify that for sure by logging into your Subscription account at http://subscription.autodesk.com

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 10 of 12
DarrenP
in reply to: TravisNave

i have never heard serial number  called group id

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 11 of 12
TravisNave

A Group ID is a Subscription serial number that sometimes is good for more than one seat or series of products. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 12 of 12
DarrenP
in reply to: TravisNave

now i get it

DarrenP

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report