Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation issues

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
Redraiderr2009
979 Views, 10 Replies

Installation issues

I have been installing both network and standalone deployments of AutoCAD 2011 and have recently been running into a problem on just some mahcines. I have been installing as an administrator and the users are power users. After install I fire up AutoCAD as an administrator and it seems to be fine. Then I log on as the power user and I find that the registry entries are not beeing added when it starts up for the first time. I have tried the clean install method of removing all Autodesk folders in "All Users, Current User, Common Files, Program Files, Application Data, and Local Settings". Turned off all virus and malware programs. The only way I have been able to solve the issue is to find a machine that works and export the HKEY_LOCAL_USER and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE software AutoCAD settings.

Any help explaining why this is not installing correctly on several machines and then installing correctly on others would be a great help.

Thanks,

-Russell

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
TravisNave
in reply to: Redraiderr2009

How are you launching AutoCAD as the non-administrative user?  I assume this is Windows XP?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 11
Redraiderr2009
in reply to: TravisNave

I install as administrator at their computer and fire up AutoCAD, Log off Administrator,  log on as the power user and fire it up. And yes it is Windows XP Pro.

Message 4 of 11
TravisNave

Specifically, how are you firing up AutoCAD?  Desktop icon? 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 11
Redraiderr2009
in reply to: TravisNave

Yes the desktop icon.

Message 6 of 11
TravisNave

Generally that works for Power Users.  I would imagine that if you temporarily elevate the privileges of your Power Users to local Admins, then the product will launch fine? 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 7 of 11

Tried that too, but still had the same issue.

Message 8 of 11
TravisNave

That's just ridiculous then. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 9 of 11

Telling me??

I even installed it from a dvd disk (instead of a depolyment) with the user as an administrator and still would not work. Out of about 50 machines I have had about 6 or 7 do this. Most of the machines are configured the same, no real variance in software. Until then I guess my solution of exporting the registry items and installing them will have to do.

Thanks,

-Russ

Message 10 of 11

The problem was that the malware software changed the administrator setting to debugger/programmer.

Message 11 of 11
TravisNave

Thanks for the update.  This sometimes is also changed by Microsoft Office updates, I have found. 

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report