Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation issues Autdesk Revit Architecure 2012

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
vero_dunn
159 Views, 1 Reply

Installation issues Autdesk Revit Architecure 2012

Hi,

I have been trying to solve this issue for a fortnight now. I have overcome all the installation issues at the start, but am still unable to get the installation to progress any further than the last part of Stage 5 (Autodesk Revit Architecture 2012). I have download the installation package 3 times (on two seperate internet connections) on 3 different computers and exactly the same issue every time. I have a firm grasp of technical issues but I am unsure where this is headed. I checked the resource monitor after searching on google (apparently Revit products generally download  during the installations). I can see msiexec.exe is downloading from akamaitechnologies at around 15-20Kb, I assume this is in relation to the Revit installation. The progress bars do not appear to have moved in the last 2 hours, nor ever completed at all in the other installation attempts. There is no virus protection or firewalls running. All systems were using Windows 7, 64/32bit variants tried. I would appreciate if someone could enlighten me what is going on here.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
DannyHubbard
in reply to: vero_dunn

The install process is downloading content, templates and libraries for installation. Depending on your internet speed and the amount of content being installed this process can take a while to complete.

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Revit/enu/2013/Help/00005-More_Inf0/0138-Installa138/0140-Revit_In140/0...

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report