Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
575 Views, 10 Replies

Installation Issue

Hello,

My name is Omer Osman I'm a Mechanical Engineer in BME which is located in Hungary.

I tried installing Autocad Mechanical 2012 64bit and I faced some troubles unfortunately. After downloading the program from autodesk website I ran the setup and entered the serial no. and started the installation but unfortunately the installation froze in stage 1 ( 10 out of 11) and I waited for more than 12 hours and it didn't move so I canceled it and now when I try installing it again it says the program installation has failed.

Please Help!

Best Regards,Omer

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
miked
in reply to: Anonymous

Similar issues with Civil 3D 2012 during the install process I get a warning windows Explorer open close program well windows explorer is not open so cancel the warning I started the install from the windows run command. At the end of the install I get program installation failed

NVIDIA Quadro 600
Civil3D 2012 64x
Message 3 of 11
TravisNave
in reply to: miked

It's not Internet Explorer, the install needs to temporarily stop Explorer.exe to register the components on your machine. Unless you agree to this, you will unlikely be able to install your product. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 11
miked
in reply to: TravisNave

I know its not internet Explorer as I said in the post it is asking for windows Explorer to be closed.

Windows Explorer is not open and has not been during any part of the install. It does not make any sense that it would even be looking for windows explorer. The attachment shows the Failure.

NVIDIA Quadro 600
Civil3D 2012 64x
Message 5 of 11
DarrenP

did you see what the install log says?

can you post the install log file?

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 11
miked
in reply to: DarrenP

Ok Install log and setup log below

Thanks for the help.

NVIDIA Quadro 600
Civil3D 2012 64x
Message 7 of 11
DarrenP

you can try to install in windows diagnostic mode: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=2893432&linkID=9240617

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 8 of 11
miked
in reply to: DarrenP

Thanks but still no go, same error failed to install

NVIDIA Quadro 600
Civil3D 2012 64x
Message 9 of 11
satidgela
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi All,

1603 error is cryptic but most of the time it is file operation failure.  I experienced the error code  occuring from the installation source files.  During first installation, it checks files attributes and set/unset them then fails the installation when the login user does not have permission to do that.  You might want to try to set/unset file attributes manually on your installation folder (in your log, it is C:\AutoCad Civil 3D 2012) and apply it to all files and folders inside that folder and see how it goes using the same user.  If you get access denied then you found the cause.

Next, I would slide the UAC of Win7/Vista all the way to the top so that it prompts for permission whenever it needs to.  This is particular for individual installations ran by members of the users group, aka least-privileged.

For the destination side, when the installation prompts you to close an application then close it.  In your case, Explorer is still running even if you don't see any Explorer window.  Check the processes tab of the task manager and terminate the process from there.

Hope the above helps.

Message 10 of 11
TravisNave

miked,

Explorer.exe always runs.  It's your Windows interface.  If diagnostic mode did not work, launch your installer, open Task Manager, kill Explorer.exe and continue the install. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 11 of 11
miked
in reply to: TravisNave

Yep that what I have been doing I stop exploere.exe via the taskmanger processes end process. Also the install can do this automaticlly and then restart exploerer after the install is finished and I can see the process is ended. Tried both way with same resualt.

NVIDIA Quadro 600
Civil3D 2012 64x

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report