Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation issue with 2011 maya

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
slacj82
499 Views, 5 Replies

Installation issue with 2011 maya

I created an account downloaded maya 2011, received a serial number and product key, however the installer won't accept my product key. It reads "You have entered and invalid product key."  I'm wondering if maybe I need to update my OS as I am running OSX 10.5.8, then if that's the case I would want to run a later version of maya, would it be possible to swap out 2011 for 2013 with the student account limitations?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
dembkod
in reply to: slacj82

slacj82,

Hello. The product key needs to match the product and serial you are installing. If the product key is not matching, you will need to verify the key and download you are using.  2011 keys are listed here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=19726923&linkID=12305695

If you have a suite serial, you should use the suite key.

The OS should have no affect on the key.

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski
Message 3 of 6
philip.s

Hi Jeff!

In regards to your second inquiry, as a registered / eligible member of the Education Community you are entitled to 1 license per product per version, so in theory you could have a license of Maya 2014, 2013, 2012, and 2011 all running at the same time.

Were you able to figure out the product key issue?

Message 4 of 6
slacj82
in reply to: dembkod

hey,  it matches the one listed on the link, but there is still no change

Message 5 of 6
slacj82

also I'm upgrading my os to snow leopard anyway, hopefully apple will send it to me soon

Message 6 of 6
philip.s

Thanks for confirming and as this could also be caused by a backend licensing issue, can you please send me a Private Message (click on my philip.s profile name and then "Send this user a private message") with your serial number, product key, and a screen shot of the installation screen?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report