Installation & Licensing

Orry.Lamb
Message 1 of 2 (379 Views)

Installation Issue for Structural Detailing 2013

379 Views, 1 Replies
07-04-2012 08:50 PM

I'm having a tough time getting AutoCad Structural Detailing 2013 installed on my Windows XP work computer.

After getting the setup process started I will get an "installation finished" screen with the message that some components failed to install.

I have tried everything I can find here in regards to cleaning up after each failed install, uninstalling and reinstalling components (e.g. Microsoft Visual C++), cleaning up my registry, setting my file security permissions, etc .  I am using a administrator user, and have a legit software key.

On the installation log that I've attached, I noticed this line:

"InstallAutoCAD® Structural Detailing 2013FailedInstallation aborted, Result=1603"

I've looked up this code on these forums and the wider internet.  I have gone through all the suggestions I could find, including setting my security permissions up differently on my user.

Frankly, I'm running out of ideas and need to get this running so I can get back to work.

In regards to this line: "DirectX RuntimeFailedFailure is ignored, Result=1619", that's an easy fix, I just need to reinsall the component.

Thanks

rfeldman
Message 2 of 2 (206 Views)

Re: Installation Issue for Structural Detailing 2013

02-07-2013 01:39 PM in reply to: Orry.Lamb
Spoiler
I'd like to bump this topic up, as I had the same problem trying to install the 32 bit version on an Win XP SP3 computer and a 64 bit version on a Win 7 computer. Both had the same error code -- "Result=1603"
Spoiler

2013/2/7:14:17:06 ** KFA31 Installing AutoCAD® Structural Detailing 2013:  TRANSFORMS="C:\Autodesk\ASD_2013_English_Win_32bit\x86\en-us\asd\asd.mst;C:\DOCUME~1\ROBERT~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\_AI3E0C.tmp\x86\asd\asd-standalone.mst" ADSK_EULA_STATUS=#1 MUILANG=en-us ADSK_SOURCE_ROOT="C:\Autodesk\ASD_2013_English_Win_32bit\" INSTALLDIR="C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2013\" FILESINUSETEXT="" REBOOT=ReallySuppress ADSK_SETUP_EXE=1

2013/2/7:15:03:04 ** KFA31 Install AutoCAD® Structural Detailing 2013 Failed Installation aborted, Result=1603

Spoiler

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.