Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation Issue for Structural Detailing 2013

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Orry.Lamb
603 Views, 1 Reply

Installation Issue for Structural Detailing 2013

I'm having a tough time getting AutoCad Structural Detailing 2013 installed on my Windows XP work computer.

After getting the setup process started I will get an "installation finished" screen with the message that some components failed to install.

I have tried everything I can find here in regards to cleaning up after each failed install, uninstalling and reinstalling components (e.g. Microsoft Visual C++), cleaning up my registry, setting my file security permissions, etc .  I am using a administrator user, and have a legit software key.

On the installation log that I've attached, I noticed this line:

"InstallAutoCAD® Structural Detailing 2013FailedInstallation aborted, Result=1603"

I've looked up this code on these forums and the wider internet.  I have gone through all the suggestions I could find, including setting my security permissions up differently on my user.

Frankly, I'm running out of ideas and need to get this running so I can get back to work.

In regards to this line: "DirectX RuntimeFailedFailure is ignored, Result=1619", that's an easy fix, I just need to reinsall the component.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
rfeldman
in reply to: Orry.Lamb

Spoiler
I'd like to bump this topic up, as I had the same problem trying to install the 32 bit version on an Win XP SP3 computer and a 64 bit version on a Win 7 computer. Both had the same error code -- "Result=1603"
Spoiler

2013/2/7:14:17:06 ** KFA31 Installing AutoCAD® Structural Detailing 2013:  TRANSFORMS="C:\Autodesk\ASD_2013_English_Win_32bit\x86\en-us\asd\asd.mst;C:\DOCUME~1\ROBERT~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\_AI3E0C.tmp\x86\asd\asd-standalone.mst" ADSK_EULA_STATUS=#1 MUILANG=en-us ADSK_SOURCE_ROOT="C:\Autodesk\ASD_2013_English_Win_32bit\" INSTALLDIR="C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2013\" FILESINUSETEXT="" REBOOT=ReallySuppress ADSK_SETUP_EXE=1

2013/2/7:15:03:04 ** KFA31 Install AutoCAD® Structural Detailing 2013 Failed Installation aborted, Result=1603

Spoiler

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report