Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation Inventor 2011 > vault server 2011

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mardevi
875 Views, 3 Replies

Installation Inventor 2011 > vault server 2011

I,ve recently installed Vault server 2011 on one of our servers. After some testing everything seems working as it should  be so the next step is to install Inventor professional suite 2011 on the clients.

When I,ve overlooked the installation procedure i,ve  noticed that along with the installation a version of the vault client is installed.

However one the the installation DVD's of the vault server contains the Vault client software.

So my question is do I have to install the Vault client version from the vault server software DVD or can I install the version which is installed during the installation of Inventor 2011?  I would prefer the last option because I want to follow the default install options which is advised by Autodesk to prevent problems. 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
DarrenP
in reply to: mardevi

are you talking about the vault server that comes with inventor or vault workgroup, colloboration, professional?

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
mardevi

Excuse me I forgot to mention the version of the Vault server.

Installed version is Vault professional 2011 (server)

Message 4 of 4
DarrenP

then you use the vault client thats in the vault prodessional box make sure you don't install the vault client that comes with inventor it will not work with the vault professional server

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report