Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation help needed!

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Sesnah1
228 Views, 1 Reply

Installation help needed!

Hi, 

I've tried the following to try to solve my issues with installing Autocad:

Solution #2:  In most instances, the installation fails because the prerequisite already installed on the workstation is newer than the one supplied by the Autodesk installer.  Because Windows will not allow an older version of the prerequisite to be installed, the installation aborts with a 1603 error in the installation log file. 

The most direct method to resolve this issue is to remove the installed prerequisite from Windows from within the Control Panel.  You can launch the Control Panel directly from the Start Menu or from the Run box by typing CONTROLand clicking OK. 

To remove a program in Control Panel choose:

Windows XP: Add/Remove Programs

Windows 7:  Programs and Features

Locate the program name of the prerequisite that is failing in your log file from within this list and click Remove or Uninstall.  This will remove the program from your computer

But this does not help me, I still keep getting the same error message: 

Installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable (x64): "C:\Autodesk\AutoCAD_2015_English_Win_64bit_dlm\3rdParty\x64\VCRedist\2008SP1\vcredist_x64.exe" /q
2014/10/7:09:57:02 Heléne SESNAH Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable (x64) Failed Installation aborted, Result=1603

So then I want to try the other solution they write about: 

Solution #1:  In some rare instances, the prerequisite cannot installed until the workstation is rebooted, or cannot be installed by the Autodesk installer and must be installed manually from the media or by downloading the prerequisite directly from Microsoft's website.  For more information about this solution, please visit this Autodesk KB link:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=15924324&linkID=9240857

but I can't really understand what I'm suppose to do, the link doens't lead me anywhere clear....

Can someone help me? Thanks!!!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
aaronhai
in reply to: Sesnah1

Hi Sesnah1,

Welcome to Autodesk Community. Please remove and re-install Microsoft Visual C++ runtime and see if that works for you.

Thank you.

Aaron Hai

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report