Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation Failure Revit 2014

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
AJA14
4658 Views, 6 Replies

Installation Failure Revit 2014

Hi. Just wondering if anyone here has any problems with installation of Revit 2014.

RAC 2014 downloads and installs with no problems.

However, I tried installing Revit 2014 as a standalone free trial and when I try to install it after the download is over I get this:

Installation Error

The IT also tried to download the entire suite and when they try to install Revit 2014, they get the same error.

All three causes listed above are not applicable.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Regards,

Ali Al-Hammoud
Structural Design Engineer
MZ & Partners Engineering Consultancy
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
edwin.prakoso
in reply to: AJA14

Hi Ali,

Were you using 'install now' option? If you were, check this article: http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2013/05/install-now-doesnt-not-mean-install-later.html

If this post solves your problem, please mark it as solved. It will help others with a similar problem to find a solution.

Kind regards,

Edwin Prakoso
LinkedIn | Website | Twitter
Message 3 of 7
rcraine
in reply to: AJA14

So what you're telling me is, when your installer fails (cause it will) I have to re-download 200 MB installer, then DL another 100 MB to actually run the installer, THEN DL another 2.95 GB of data to actually install the product. 

And when it fails somewhere in there, I have to do that ALL over again? For EVERY install? Talk about a waste of bandwidth/time/resources.

Message 4 of 7
TravisNave
in reply to: rcraine

Correct.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 7
edwin.prakoso
in reply to: rcraine

The install now option for software trials is designed for 1 time install only. For subscription customers, they can download from subscription center. And I assume Autodesk will want us to contact local reseller if we want to try on several machines. 

I understand that this is become a common issue, and many can't install the trial product. I also hope this issue will be resolve soon.

You can alternatively download the software using virtual agent. Go to this page http://www.autodesk.com/customerservice.

Click ask to open virtual agent. You can download your product there. But you only have browser download option on that page.

If this post solves your problem, please mark it as solved. It will help others with a similar problem to find a solution.

Kind regards,

Edwin Prakoso
LinkedIn | Website | Twitter
Message 6 of 7
DanDomine
in reply to: edwin.prakoso

I have the same problem so I tried all other options.

- The Install Now options gets stuck at 78 MB of downloading Revit.

- The Download doesn't start and the next time I try, it will give me the message shown above.

- The Browser Download loses connection to the server after 2 minutes.

I don't know if Autodesk has problems with the Revit 2014 download server but it is getting slighly annoying after 10 attempts...

Might there be another solution that is not so obvious ? Download via a 3rd party download manager or something of the sort ?

Message 7 of 7
TravisNave
in reply to: DanDomine

Redownload the software using Matt, the virtual assistant.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=21889745&linkID=9240617

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report