Downloaded the 3 year licence for student - 3D MAX. The application Im installing from is in my Downloads folder.
During the installation process I get the message (see pic) that all parts of the installation failed.
got enough space on disc.
there is also a prtscreen of which folders get installed (but then it stops).
I tried several times, no success. Anyone an idea why this doesnt work?
Welcome to the community,
Please ensure the following has been done:
1. Computer meets the minimum requirements
2. UAC off
3. Firewall off
4. Anti-Virus off
5. Administrator rights
6. Clear the temp folder
7. Make sure you have enough disc space 60 Gigs at least
8. Make sure the OS is up to date
9. Reinstall C++ redistributable
10. Reinstall .Net Framework
11. Copy the content of the installation media to the C drive. Preferably on the root of the C drive to negate the problem of filenames becoming too long
12. Make sure short file name creation has been enabled HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\
CurrentControlSet\Control\FileSystem Set NtfsDisable8dot3NameCreation to a value of 0
13. Create a new Windows user with full admin rights
14. If the computer is on a domain remove it from the network completely for the duration of installation
If there is a step that you dont understand and dont know how to do please let me know and I will explain it to you.
Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.