Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4
Gfornaro
2325 Views, 3 Replies

Installation Error

Hello my name is Gino and I am a freshmen at drexel university,I got autocad 2015 student license  . i run this and click  on 'install on this  computer ' button  . but when  i go to  the  next  page (install > configure lnstallation ) i have  seen  there are three uncheck  box need to check . but can not check  first  one (AUTOCAD 2013 speed documentation ,share ideas ,and explore 3d concept with  powerful design and  documentation tools ). It then gives me a link to install autocad 2015 english however when i click on the link to install another window appears saying Fatal error, I already went to my school's IT department and they dont know how to resolve the issue. I really need help, especially since I have my first CAD class tomorrow around 5pm, I also attached several picutres from the error downloading process.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dembkod
in reply to: Gfornaro

Gfornaro

Hello. Your screenshots are too small and unreadable. Download a screenshot program to your computer (like Jing). Your phone images are unusable.

You cannot just click the individual MSI files to install, which you seem to have tried. 

When you hover the cursor over the red circle next to acad, what does it say? (screenshot would help)

You may want to run the MSFixit tool and try to UNINSTALL then install:

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall\

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski
Message 3 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: dembkod

Here is a relatively unknown HowTo KB that I wrote a long while back on how to take screen captures and upload them to the forum:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/test/how-to-take-a-screen-capture-and-upload-it/m-p/3467392/highlight/...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 4
Gfornaro
in reply to: dembkod

Thank you for all the advice, I have been trying to install autocad but it's still not working. I was able to take screen shots of the errors, the pictures are in chronicle order.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report