Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8
donny.evason
550 Views, 7 Replies

Installation Error

Been trying to install 3DS Max for serveral hours now and just getting the same issues upon completion of the download and installation process. Several of the features will install, but 3DS Max will not after trying a fresh download and install it still yields the same problems over and over. I've checked google and the forums for similiar issues but none seem to match up to what i am experiencing, Any help is appreciate.

I posted the attachment with the error files at the end. Not sure what to do.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
TravisNave
in reply to: donny.evason

There seems to be a failure in downloading from this link:

http://studentsdownload.autodesk.com/SWDLDDLM/2013/3DSMAX/WI/{5AE85775-089E-4B13-890D-83D19EC7E840}/...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 8
donny.evason

I'm not sure on what i need to do with the file you gave me to download? If you could add some additonal information with it i'd be very grateful.

//Donny

Message 4 of 8
TravisNave

All I know is that is the file location that the installer is supposed to be downloading.  It is failing to download.  You might see if you can even download it manually by clicking it.  Perhaps there is a problem with that file on the server or there is an issue with you connecting to it. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 8
donny.evason
in reply to: TravisNave

Hmm seems a bit wierd, just my that my friend downloaded and installed it at the same time as me with no issues and such, so don't know how to fix the issue really.

Message 6 of 8
TravisNave

I hear ya.  There have been a lot of odd happenings with the student downloads.  I suspect one of the servers might have an issue. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 7 of 8
donny.evason
in reply to: TravisNave

Should i just wait for someone to maybe resolve the issue or try another method? I'm at a loss here as i've just started university and will noi doubt be burdened with a heavy workload soon.

//donny

Message 8 of 8
TravisNave

Try downloading it from another computer, maybe.

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report