Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation error 1402 during installation Autodesk Civil 3D 2013

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Silencer001
1703 Views, 3 Replies

Installation error 1402 during installation Autodesk Civil 3D 2013

Hi everyone,

For my first post, let me introduce myself. I am 21 years old and my profession is an IT-administrator. Because my company has a lot of customers who are architects, I also get in contact with programs from autodesk.

Normally I do the installations and some basic troubleshooting, but now I am faced with a rather large problem that I can't seem to fix.

During the installation of Autodesk Civil 3D 2013, we are faced with error message you can find attached.

I have already done some searching and tried some answers (http://www.appliedtg.com/techblog/index.php/2011/10/17/error-1402-during-uninstallation-could-not-op...http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=10297059&linkID=9240617http://blogs.rand.com/support/2011/04/error-1402-could-not-open-key-when-installing-acad-mep-2012.ht... but still the problem remains. I can't set the permissions on the folder "S-1-5-18Components" in the registry, because it tells me that one of the underlying keys couldn't be changed..

When I only take the value of the error-message (attached) and on this value alone I change the owner, then I can see the keys in this folder. So I thought that everything would start working after this, but after a new installation of Autodesk Civil 3D 2013, I get the same error-message, only with a slightly different registry key. So changing the permissions on the previous key, didn't change a thing, because the installation uses a new registry value.

I really don't know where to look elsewhere. At first I removed and installed a new dotNetFix and removed every component of 2013 that was installed on the computer using Windows Install Clean Up, but still the same problem.

I hope some of you can guide me (and maybe other users) to the right solution.

Kind regards

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

You only need to take the folder "S-1-5-18" and change the permissions and owner on this folder in the registry. This worked perfectly for me.

Kind regards,

Message 3 of 4
tlepird
in reply to: a2oarchitecten

This suggestion did not work for me.  All ownership/permissions are set to Administrator for the suggested KEY and all SUBKEYS. I still get ERROR 1402 every time I try to install. Is there any fix or patch coming in the near future for this problem.  I have a number of AutoCAD products on my system that use to run but stopped running or won't re-install since I upgraded to Windows 10?

Message 4 of 4
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: tlepird

@tlepird

Your posting is a little unclear..  You talk about a 1402 error..  But show a 1723 error in your image trying to update Inventor 2017 to R3.  And then your programs don't work after a Windows update..  Are you experiencing all these issues or not?

For the 1402.. What method are you using to install your applications?  Install now or some other method?  Have you tried Autodesk Virtual Agent?  Attached your installation log file  Posting info: Sometimes installation log files contain personal information such as your serial #.  Prior to posting your log file please make sure to remove such info.

For the 1723 error image:  How are you trying to update Inventor 2017?  Are you using the Autodesk Desktop App?  If so go to your Autodesk Account and download the update from there.

Window Update?  Did netframe 4.7 get installed?  Or perhaps this?

One final thing..  Instead of working with and replying to a 5 year old posting..  Create your own posting..  Workflows that old may not be relevant anymore.  Smiley Wink

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report