Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation does not accept a different solid drive

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Ujinn
293 Views, 5 Replies

Installation does not accept a different solid drive

I need assistance regarding this issue,

I want to install autodesk in my second solid drive "A:\"

I have alittle space for my primary solid drive "C:\" need it for upgrates but autodesk keeps prompting to drive C:\

Any assistance will be appriciated

thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: Ujinn

For one, you should *never* assign drive letters A:\ or B:\ to a drive.  Those are reserved for removable media like floppy drives.  That's why hard drives start with C:\. 

Try going into disk manager and assigning it a drive letter like E:\.

Then try again.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 6
Ujinn
in reply to: TravisNave

Thanks Travis,

I did change it to E, I or K but still it gives me that message. Looks like it doesn't recognize any other drive except C:\

Message 4 of 6
Ujinn

...so this is what i am getting...i tried to click to a different drive but doesn't work either...

Message 5 of 6
TravisNave

Doesn't give you the option to change drive letters?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 6
Ujinn
in reply to: TravisNave

I did change the letters but it looks like autodesk doesn't even recognize any other drive but C...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report