Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation AutoCAD LT 2013 fails

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
CFP007
3160 Views, 6 Replies

Installation AutoCAD LT 2013 fails

After first installation an erro message appear, that not all elements could be installed. Programm did not start when clicking on the start-icon without any message.  I removed the programm using Windows7 controlpanel. When I try to install it again, after typing in serial-no and key, I can no more choose the option „install AutoCAD LT 2013“  – there is a little red "not allowed"-sign blinking in front of this option. How can I install it again?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
philip.s
in reply to: CFP007

CFP007,

Have you tried performing the steps listed in the following Clean Uninstall procedure? If not, please give them a go and let us know if it works out.

Message 3 of 7
CFP007

I tried the suggested "clean uninstall procedure", but with no success. I additionally cleaned the registry with ccleaner.exe . Started the AutoCAD 2013 installation as administrator with sut off virusprotection. Same result as before: there is a little red "not allowed"-sign blinking in front of the install option. 

Message 4 of 7
TravisNave

Mouse over the sign and see if it will indicate why it cannot install.  Perhaps you do not meet the minimum requirements?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 7
CFP007

Whe I move the cursor over the sign, it says: "AutoCAD LT 2013 English is already installed. If You want to add the English language pack, you can install it from E:\x64\en-us\acadlt"

But AutoCAD is definitely uninstalled. I followed the manual steps in the Uninstall procedure Clean Uninstall. When I run the ADSUninstallTool.exe, which is also recommended on this page, the tool doesn't find anything to uninstall.  I also cleaned the registry with ccleaner.exe. But still I am not able to install  AutoCAD LT 2013, because it thinks, that it is already installed.

Message 6 of 7
TravisNave

To Diagnose and Fix installation problems automatically, please see the new Microsoft tool for this here:

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall

For more information on the Autodesk KB Support article concerning the clean uninstall of Autodesk products, see this link:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=2887771&linkID=9240617

For all other installation problems consider using the Microsoft Installer Clean Up Utility. For more information on this program, please my forum post here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Microsoft-Installer-Clean-Up-Utility-for-Add-Re...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 7 of 7
CFP007

Thanks very much! The tools last posted were successful. Unfortuantely I faced during Installation another error: "Error 1402: Could not open key:....,Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel."

I found the following page, which was helpful, so that I could finally install AutoCAD.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=16508079&linkID=9240617

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report