Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation AutoCad 2012 LT MS Windows Server 2008R2 Std error

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
worldit
2036 Views, 5 Replies

Installation AutoCad 2012 LT MS Windows Server 2008R2 Std error

Hello, im trying to install AC 2012 LT on virtual machine (Windows Server 2008R2 x64) and im getting "incorrect function" error message as attached screen shot shows, any ideas how to deal with that ?  

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: worldit

AutoCAD is not supported to be installed on a Server OS.  Is your VM a workstation class operating system or is the entire VM a server?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 6
worldit

VM is also Win Server 2008R2

Message 4 of 6
TravisNave

You'll want to install it on a workstation OS like Windows 7. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 6
worldit

well i would like to use some features from Win Srv but your answer make things clear about such possibility so thanks for the support Travis:)

Message 6 of 6
TravisNave

Agreed.  However, Autodesk doesn't support server operating systems generally because they do not want you to use terminal services or other remote access features of server to access the license.  They are pretty strict in their license terms. 

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report