Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation asks for disc, but I downloaded it from internet.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
ShawnEO
322 Views, 2 Replies

Installation asks for disc, but I downloaded it from internet.

I downloaded Autodesk Map 3D from the site to an SD card on one computer using "Download Now", and inserted to card into the computer I wanted to install it on and began the installation.  Midway through, the installation stopped and said I needed to insert Disc 11.  Obviously, since I downloaded it I don't have any discs.  My only options were to insert the non-existant disc or to cancel installation.  I have a student account and cannot get any discs.

What do I need to do?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: ShawnEO

Copy the contents of the SD to the local hard drive.  Because the SD is removable media, it thinks it needs a disc change. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3
dembkod
in reply to: ShawnEO

ShawnEO

Hello. Copying the files over will likely work. I am guessing there was a pathing problem with the download. You could also to a “Browser Downlaod” and use those files. They are easily moveable.

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report