Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install Portable License Utility

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
joseph_l
450 Views, 3 Replies

Install Portable License Utility

Hi,

I use ACAD 2009 and Max 2009 on a laptop. I am planning to upgrade the laptops hard drive and I want to port the licenses before a start to another computer. I do not want to install Cad or Max on another computer. Is it possible to just install the PLU application temporarily on the other computer until I have my laptop back on its feet?

Thanks

Joseph
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: joseph_l

Yes,

You can do this. But it's probably just as simple to reactivate the software once it is reinstalled.

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
WillWilcox6812

I am curious where the utility can be found. I have search the Autodesk website and product CDs with no luck.
Message 4 of 4
joseph_l

Hi Travis,
I looked on the intall pack and could not find the utility so I installed autocad on the other computer so I could use its portable license utility but that still would not let me port the max license so I also installed max.

In the end it had to go online anyway to reactive the products because it said the the license was "broken". So I guess I would have been better not to have worried about the licenses from the begining and just reactivated when I finished the reinstall!

Thanks!

Joseph

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report