Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install Option Greyed out when trying to install AutoCAD.

20 REPLIES 20
SOLVED
Message 1 of 21
alison.gangler
43518 Views, 20 Replies

Install Option Greyed out when trying to install AutoCAD.

There have been quite a few cases where the install option has been greyed out within the Installation dialogs and the Microsoft Cleanup Utility has not been able to resolve the issue. In this situation, there is another suggestion that can be helpful.

Sometimes the option to install can be greyed out if the installer perceives that the application is already present on the machine. This is generally due to some Windows Installer registry information being left behind by a previous attempt to install the application or an install folder being left behind. To resolve this, you can verify whether there are any entries for the Autodesk application you are trying to install at the following location in the registry:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Products]

and:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall]

The registry information can be viewed by choosing START > RUN and typing 'regedit'. As with any edits to the Registry, it is strongly suggested to back up the Registry before editing.

Once the keys are removed, the product will generally install correctly.

The Install option can also be greyed out for other reasons, and in that case a message will be displayed under the Product Name, indicating whether it is disabled due to a non-compatible version of IE or a version of DWF Viewer 6.5 or earlier being found on the machine (as documented here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Inventor-2011-and-Internet-Explorer-6-amp-7/m-p... ).

Resolving each of those issues will generally allow the install to run successfully.

Alison Gangler
Install Engineer/PDG-AEC Product Group
Autodesk, Inc.

20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21
ozz_ibarra
in reply to: alison.gangler

I'm having this issue but on my MAC running Lion.

Any solutions for this?

Message 3 of 21
camilo.lemos
in reply to: ozz_ibarra

Hi ozz_ibarra and welcome to the forums.

This is a known issue with AutoCAd for Mac 2013, please use the workaround listed here.

Let us know how if you need any further assistance.

Camilo Lemos

Message 4 of 21

Hi,

I have this problem. The install option is grayed out when i try to install AutoCAD 2013 and it says that AutoCAD is already installed on my machine.

I uninstalled previous Autodesk programs, cleared my machine from all autodesk files. Cleaned up the registry.(I followed the process on your website "How to remove all Autodesk products from a Windows system")

Under 

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Products]

and:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall]

I cannot see any Autodesk files (there are lots of wierd named folders, but nothing that will associate with autodesk).

However, I still unable install AutoCad 2013 on my laptop.

Please, help me figure out what is the problem.

If you need any specific information just let me know.

Message 5 of 21
j.mills
in reply to: dasha.zubkova

dasha.zubkova, I am having the exact same issue. Any word back on what we can do?

Thank you!

Message 6 of 21
dasha.zubkova
in reply to: j.mills

Hi. I solved this problem with Microsoft service called Fix it. Here is a link http://support.microsoft.com/mats/program_install_and_uninstall/ Just run the service from website. Worked for me. Hope it helps.
Message 7 of 21
grievesc

Install is not greyed out but this is the closest to install issue. once I click install I am being told to close the following file "Inventor.exe". Of course if I close it it closes the install program. The install is currently the only open file. What should I do?

Message 8 of 21
bgans262

This still didn't work for me the screen still greyed out when I opened the program and it says "A problem caused this program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and will notify you if a solution is available." Please help!

Message 9 of 21
crneely

I am trying to install iNVENTOR PRO on my computer. I am a student at Itt-Tech and they use  the 2012 version, but I can only download 2013 which does not work with the one at school. What do I do?

Message 10 of 21
luwarh

I HAVE FAILED TO INSTAL AUTODESKCIVIL3D 2013 IN MY LAPTOP.

PLEASE HELP ME,

CHANDA

Message 11 of 21
TravisNave
in reply to: luwarh

Please post in a new thread with screen caps and your installation log files.

@luwarh wrote:

I HAVE FAILED TO INSTAL AUTODESKCIVIL3D 2013 IN MY LAPTOP.

PLEASE HELP ME,

CHANDA

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 12 of 21
mritchie

here's what worked for me. After uninstalling all the components through Control Panel, there were still elements left. Use the Microsoft Installer Clean Up Utility and manually remove the remaining entries

Message 13 of 21

Solution worked for TrueView 2014 on my XP PRO SP3
Message 14 of 21
iffijohnson
in reply to: luwarh

Message 15 of 21

Nothing to click. What to Do ? Please help.

Message 16 of 21

Nothing to click. What to Do ? Please help.

Message 17 of 21

It shows that your application is already installed.

If this is not the case, then you might have to do some cleanup. 

To Diagnose and Fix installation problems automatically, please see the new Microsoft tool for this here:

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall

For more information on the Autodesk KB Support article concerning the clean uninstall of Autodesk products, see this link:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-perform-a-clean-un...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 18 of 21
nvalenzuela
in reply to: TravisNave

This KB solved my problem. Thank.Smiley Very Happy

Message 19 of 21
BoPeep2015
in reply to: TravisNave

I am having the same problem with Autocad LT 2013 and windows 8.1, but on a brand new computer so no registry issues to deal with.  It is a stand alone licence and is on the laptop that this one replaces - or what is left of it as the motherboard is fried and no way of working out if there is a deauthorisation/deactivation method.

1.  Is there a method of deactivating software on a fried computer?

2.  If that is unlikely the issue, has anyone resolved the greyed out button yet?

Message 20 of 21

This worked easily and quickly.

Problem solved using the MS tool.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report