Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4
jimmyburan
707 Views, 3 Replies

Install Not Working

I had to wipe my computer the other day and start from scratch. maya 2008 was installed on the computer and working fine, but preferences issues with the OS made a factory restore necessary. remembered to uninstall and deactivate my adobe CS3/4 but did not uninstall maya, or deactivate. now the computer is wiped, and for some reason it won't install maya back on my machine. the install runs, it installs fcheck and the uninstaller, but nothing else. i got a new webkey and all that, ran the installer wizard, no luck, it won't install the actual maya application, and it says my installation fails when it tries to locate a key. any help? how do i reinstall. macOS X 10.6, new iMac, quadcore, 8 gig ram, maya 2008.

-james
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
lucidefx
in reply to: jimmyburan

Hi James, I am going through the same thing? I have a mac pro 8 core and Snow Leopard as my OS and am trying to install Maya 2008 Unlimited and I heard that older versions such as Maya 2008 have some problems installing on Snow Leopard, why? I did not find out yet. Please let me know if you come up with any answers.

Message 3 of 4
avto
in reply to: lucidefx

Maya 2008 is officially supported on OS X 10.5.2

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=14959955&linkID=9242259

Having said that, please try the solution provided in the following tech note TS1090715 or download Pacifist 2.6.4 and install Maya core package with it.

Hope this helps.

Avto Chachava
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 4 of 4
lucidefx
in reply to: jimmyburan

Thank You Avto! Your suggestion helped, I'm up and running.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report