Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install inventor to second hard drive

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
22447 Views, 3 Replies

Install inventor to second hard drive

I am using windows 7 on bootcamp on a mac and am trying to install the student version of inventor 2014. Both my mac and windows OS are on separate partitions on an internal ssd and therefore only have a small capacity each, about 40 gb. I have a second internal drive which I want to use for any large data. I hadn't realised how big inventor is and it won't fit on my ssd c partition but it wants to install itself there. How can i install inventor to my second internal drive?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
DarrenP
in reply to: Anonymous

read this: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/installation-licensing/out-of-disk-space-during-installation-to-anothe...

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: DarrenP

I managed to install it onto my second internal drive by setting a junction point (using the mklink command), linking C:\ProgramFiles\Autodesk to my 😧 drive. Installation worked fine and I still have room on my C: drive. However, when I open Inventor for the first time and click activate, I receive an error 110. How can I fix this? I received this error when I initially installed Inventor without using junction points (I was left with zero spare space so I had to uninstall and reinstall with the junction point). Therefore, I don't think it is the junction point causing this activation issue. Strangely, I have installed Creo Parametric as well and am also having an activation issue with that. Any ideas?
Message 4 of 4
joane.bonghanoy
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @samdarling, 

For Error 110 please refer to the accepted solution here (highlighted in green). 

Joane Bonghanoy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report