Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install Inventor to an SD card?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
jlafond1
2000 Views, 3 Replies

Install Inventor to an SD card?

I have a Microsoft Surface Pro with a limited hard-drive, so I'm trying to install Inventor to an attached SD card (or a USB flash drive if thats any better).  When I go through setup and install, I cannot select the SD card for install, even though I can see it as an option. Is there a way to install directly to an SD card to run Inventor from?

**I am a student, and am downlaoding the student version.  Not sure if this makes a difference.  

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
DarrenP
in reply to: jlafond1

i wouldn't recommend it

it will be to slow and the sd card would have to be always be plugged into the surface pro to run inventor

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: DarrenP

Having had a Surface Pro, I would not recommend using it for Inventor as it does not nearly meet the requirements to run the software properly. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 4
n.silvaroli
in reply to: TravisNave

Hi, 

im from italy

i have a macbook air (mid 2013) with 128gb ssd 

i have a paralles virtual machine with windows where i have installated autocad and revit for university. 

i have to put the virtual machine on a SD:

• Max Read: 95MB/s, Max Write: 60MB/s

and the macbook have this: 

• Slot SDXC card

it will slow or i can use it?

thank you so much

nicola

Tags (2)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report