Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 24
laurenm9
865 Views, 23 Replies

Install error

I have downloaded revit 2014 all possible ways, even on another computer and brought the file over) when the product pulls up the installer an error instantly pops up and closes down the installation . I have also deleted my temp file folder . Any advise?
23 REPLIES 23
Message 21 of 24
ukdxb012
in reply to: laurenm9

Do you have any other profiles on your machine you could try and install this under. Try creating a new user profile and try installing again.

Check you account has admin permissions and that UAC settings are off completely. I would also check if you have write permissions to you temp folder as it would seem the installer will not unpack to this location. Also Disable any antivirus.

What are you running to activate the installer, what's the file? Is it setup.exe or something else?

Duncan Brannan
UK/EMEIA CAD Operations Manager
Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 22 of 24
laurenm9
in reply to: ukdxb012

The file is setup.exe
Message 23 of 24
laurenm9
in reply to: ukdxb012

This finally worked!! For anyone else with this problem I did pretty much all of the above.  I created a new user with full admin access.  Turned off UAC settings, i already had write permission on the temp folder, and then finally disabled Windows Secerity Essentials.  Then I browser downloaded Revit and got no errors during iniallization.  It is still installing but this is the farthest I havve gotten with the program so far.  

Message 24 of 24
ukdxb012
in reply to: laurenm9

Are you all up and running now?

Duncan Brannan
UK/EMEIA CAD Operations Manager
Twitter | LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report