Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10
bapascha1249
1584 Views, 9 Replies

Install error

I am working with a client trying to help them install AutoCad Civil 3D on their new machine. It is a fresh install of Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, and the Autodesk Download Manager seems to have downloaded all the proper installation items correctly, but when I run the setup all I receive is an error that states "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp\_AIDB42.tmp\Setup.exe /s C:\Autodesk\Autodesk_Civil_2015_R1_English_Win_64bit_DLM| /temp C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp\_AIDB42.tmp\SecondRun /lang en-us /FirstRunThreadId 6440"

The number at the end has varied a few times. I have verified that everything has been set correctly prior to installation, the machine meets minimum requirements for the software. The log file in %TEMP% states:

=== Setup started on <client>-PC by <client> ===

Path_Length: 152
Current Directory C:\Autodesk\Autodesk_Civil_2015_R1_English_Win_64bit_DLM
Launch
CommandLine
Current Directory C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp\_AI8DAF.tmp
=== Setup ended ===

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
bapascha1249
in reply to: bapascha1249

Anyone? Any ideas at all?

Message 3 of 10
philip.s

Nothing immediately comes to mind outside of using a different download method such as the browser download option which can be found in our Virtual Agent.

Can you please let us know if that resolves this one?

Message 4 of 10
bapascha1249
in reply to: philip.s

No luck trying to install through this method either.

Message 5 of 10
philip.s

Thanks for confirming!

To help clarify / troubleshoot, was the download successful? Did the install fail with the same error? Are you able to attach the install log?

Message 6 of 10
bapascha1249

Everything downloaded and extracted with no issue, but when the setup started it came up with the same error. The install log says:

=== Setup started on <client>-PC by <client> ===

Current Directory C:\Autodesk\Autodesk_Civil_2015_R1_English_Win_64bit_DLM
Launch
CommandLine
Current Directory C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp\_AIF974.tmp
=== Setup ended ===

Thanks!

Message 7 of 10
philip.s

Hmmm, the DLM error suggests that this is still coming from the Download Manager... The following is a direct link from the Virtual Agent. Can you please give it a shot and let me know if you get a different result? 

AutoCAD Civil 3D 2015

Message 8 of 10
bapascha1249

That did not work, thank you though!

When I attempted installation with the file you provided, I got the same error message, same log, etc.

Thoughts?

Message 9 of 10
asburyj

In some cases there can be a problem unpacking the temp files needed for the Installation. I would first suggest disabling your antivirus to ensure it isn't blocking any of those files. If you continue to have trouble I would suggest creating a new local administrator account on the computer, login with that account and try the installation from there. 

Jeffry Asbury
Message 10 of 10
bapascha1249
in reply to: asburyj

Thanks so much! Creating the new profile did the trick!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report