Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install error "1324 the folder path my documents contains an invalid character"

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
IlovePittsburgh
5195 Views, 2 Replies

Install error "1324 the folder path my documents contains an invalid character"

Seems to be a pretty commong error on a lot of apps when users are using redirected personal folders, but no suggested fixes have worked.

Windows 7 Pro, 64 bit, Trying to install Autocad Electrical 2013.  Get the above error.  Tried the following...

Change the location of the "my documents" folder in the registry from the \\servername\my documents  folder to the

correct location on the "C:\" drive.  Did not work, site is using policies to set these stupid network locations, and even after changing regsitry setting and rebooting, when you go to properties for my documents, still shows network location. 

So tried to tell the my documents to "work offline", also, did not work.

So, had user unplug cat5 from system and try, and still get same error.

Am I even looking at this problem correctly?  Could it be talikng about something else?  I dont think so, because the above is a generic Microsoft error that is reflected when the Autocad installer kicks off, and when I searched on the error, got this causing issues for other apps also, like Adobe for instance.

How can I fool the installer to install to local hard drive?  Bettwr question, how could this issue even be occuring on Windows 7 and Autocad 2013.  Old version of Autocad Mechanical 2006 installed no problem at all same PC.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Have your IT adjust the policy to move your MyDocs back to C:\ for the install, then move it back afterwards.  Whoever came up with this moving profile defaults to a server was a moron.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3

Thanks, will give it a try.  Seems like simple solution...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report