Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1377 Views, 2 Replies

Install Error Help

I have tried to download and install AutoCAD about 10 times now. Every time I get this error

"An error occurred during the installation of assembly 'FARO.LS, version="1.1.406.58",type="win32", processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1d23f5635ba800ab"'.

After I click ok, it will try to finishthe install, but ultimately it fails and nothing is installed. I have downloaded the product multiple times. I have turned off the antivirus software both while downloading and installing it. I don't know what else to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
andy.laugisch
in reply to: Anonymous

rubik314 I don't have anything for you other than I feel your pain. In fact, I seriously doubt that Autodesk has an answer for most of the installation issues on this & other blogs. they just wait for us to find a solution then charge their subscription memebrs for it when they call. This is the real reason for this discussion group anyway...so they can get us to do their job. 😞 In my opinion, Autodesk is more concerned with sales than service. They change the software from version to version, not to improve it, but to make it neccessary for everyone to upgrade by tweeking the software with incompatibility issues. Once one member of a collaboration group upgrades, all other need to as well, just to continue collaborating. I have been managing 15 licenses of autocad & recently upgraded all licenses to design suite 2012. What a big mistake that was. Migration from our 2009 suite configuration blew up, vault was unreadable, rebuilding by importing toolbars & lisps, left autocad 2012 commands unusable/unrecognizable. Restoring to original configuration and building the CUI from scratch, allowed us to use our old lisp, but they won't load automatically despite placing them into the cui applet and/or adding them to the acadoc.lsp and migrating the vault made such a mess that we are not even able or willing to use it. If Autodesk's intention was to convince me that I need to move 15 licenses to Solidworks, then I give them kudos for their stellar success. I will never-ever recommend this version to anyone. It is just plain garbage if you use it anyway except out of the box like applying any advanced customizations/lisps/macros from older versions. Autdesk beter impress me with the next version (we are on subscription, so we'll get it even if we don't install it) because I'm seriously considering reverting our installation back to 2009 (it actually worked after a few SP's) I have never asked or received any support through our subscription, because thier support people can't seem to provide anything in less than 24 hrs. Unlike the cushy job of being an Autodesk support guy, we actually have deadlines to meet and don't have time to wait for someone to practice a problem, distill a possible solution, and then get us to guini-pig it for them (3 days process minimum) So, finally...get yourself another program (SOLIDWORKS) if you can...you'll find you don't need an advanced IT degree or programing skills just to get it to work & the learning curve is a lot shorter. I find it laughable that Autodesk recommends contacting your IT guy everytime their software bugs out. This tells me their focus is not on the customer's user experience, but rather on their resellers expensive training & service programs. WAKE UP AUTODESK...YOU ARE NOT TOO BIG TO FAIL...THERE ARE A LOT OF ALTERNATIVES. USERS AREN'T SUPPOSED TO FIND THE BUGS AND FIX & SUPPORT YOUR INCOMPLETE PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT PROCESS!!!!!
Message 3 of 3
david.lau
in reply to: andy.laugisch

rubik314, I will try to focus on the solution at this point:

1.  Try to re-download the software using a browser donwload.

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2011/08/downloading-software-browser-download-vs-download...

2.  To resolve the Faro install issue, please check out this post:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Civil-3D-2011-fails-to-install/m-p/2826121#M260...

I would backup and move the following folders/files to a new location and try the installation again.

C:\Windows\winsxs\x86_faro.ls_1d23f5635ba800ab_1.1.406.58_none_4674ae31ba6222cf
C:\Windows\winsxs\Manifests

David Lau

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report