Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install Error Autodesk 3ds Max 2011

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Skeletor6669
1228 Views, 2 Replies

Install Error Autodesk 3ds Max 2011

Hi, I just downloaded the free trial version of Autodesk 3ds Max 2011 and I get an error in the install. Here it is:

The system cannot open the device or file specified.

C:\Autodesk\Autodesk_3ds_Max_2011_English_win_32_Trial\x86\max\3dsMax2011_32-bit.msi

I click ok and it gives me another error message:

Failed to initialize Autodesk 3ds Max 2011 32-bit

It then brings me back to the install window and does nothing after that. I'm using Windows XP Media Center Edition SP3. Any suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Your downloaded file might be corrupted. please try to download it again.(using the download manager)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 3
DarrenP
in reply to: hashim.mundol

the problem might be your using an unsupported os xp media center is an unsupported os you need to put a supported os on your computer

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report