Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install error 2738: Could not access VBScript runtime for custom action

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
alison.gangler
5978 Views, 4 Replies

Install error 2738: Could not access VBScript runtime for custom action

If you experience this error as seen in the install log file:

(UNKNOWN)     
(UNKNOWN)      strComputer = "."
(UNKNOWN)      Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\" & strComputer & "\root\cimv2")
(UNKNOWN)      Set colListOfServices = objWMIService.ExecQuery ("Select * from Win32_Service Where Name ='Autodesk Content Service'")
(UNKNOWN)      For Each objService in colListOfServices
(UNKNOWN)      errCode = objService.Change(, , , , "Automatic")
(UNKNOWN)      objService.StartService()
(UNKNOWN)      Next,,)
(UNKNOWN)     DEBUG: Error 2738: Could not access VBScript runtime for custom action

Then next, look just above the error and verify whether the Content Service is also causing an error in the log, similar to this:

(SERVER)     MSI (s) (B8:10) [09:06:19:519]: Invoking remote custom action. DLL: C:\Windows\Installer\MSIA4AA.tmp, Entrypoint: CheckInstalledFonts
(SERVER)     MSI (s) (B8:14) [09:06:27:181]: Executing op: ActionStart(Name=AcadAddin.UpdateContentService.34608361_A001_1A01_B26F_8D0B4BE5AD02,,)
(SERVER)     MSI (s) (B8:14) [09:06:27:183]: Executing op: CustomActionSchedule(Action=AcadAddin.UpdateContentService.34608361_A001_1A01_B26F_8D0B4BE5AD02,ActionType=1062,Source=On error resume next

If so, then first remove the Content Service which was installed previously from the system from the Control Panel > Programs and Features (Add Remove Programs.

Then launch the install again.

Cheers,

Alison

Alison Gangler
Install Engineer/PDG-AEC Product Group
Autodesk, Inc.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
blow
in reply to: alison.gangler

Allison, I cannot uninstall /"REMOVE" the Content Service from the Add and Remove Programs.  It gives me a similar error, "The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package.  THis may indicate a problem with this package.  The error code is 2738."

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Hi Alison.

Tried your sugeestion but encountered the exact same problem as blow above. Failed to uninstall the 'Autodesk Content Service' in the first place. Exact same error message as well.

Any comments?

Cheers.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Good Evening Alison.

I am using Windows 7 ultimate. I downloaded Autocad 12 and whiile installing it encounters an error wid the code 2738 stating that "There is a problem with the installation Package" and the installation got failed. I tried all sorts of recovery ways that you stated in different forums for this same type of error. Kindly let me know the solution as soon as possible.

Cheers.

Message 5 of 5
alison.gangler
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

If you are receiving the 2738 error, please check the post at the Up & Ready blog for Installs and Licensing as this provides additional suggestion on how to resolve the error:

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2011/07/error-2738-installation-could-not-access-vbscript...

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Alison

Alison Gangler
Install Engineer/PDG-AEC Product Group
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report