Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

install Autodesk Entertainment Creation Suite Ultimate 2013

24 REPLIES 24
Message 1 of 25
fredquach
3110 Views, 24 Replies

install Autodesk Entertainment Creation Suite Ultimate 2013

When I  install  Autodesk Entertainment Creation Suite Ultimate 2013 - Student/Faculty (USB) for my MAC, I couldn't find the following program like 3ds Max, Softimage and Motionbuilder in the MAC-OS folder. The three programs mentioned  are located somewhere else  and I believe they are for PC installation only. Does anybody here encounter the same problem? How do I install these three programs or where are the ones for MAC? I was able to install Maya,Mudbox and Sketchbox, because they are inside the MAC folder.

24 REPLIES 24
Message 21 of 25
Temstang97
in reply to: fredquach

This thread was started a while back so was hoping that someone could help me with this issue. If it even is an issue. I teach at a high school with a brand new Mac lab. We are ordering the 2013 Creation Suite which includes (Maya, 3ds Max, Softimage, MotionBuilder, Mudbox and SketchBook Designer). Will all these products be compatble and run on a Mac computer? I'm afraid that some of these products will not currently run on the Macs that we have.

Any help would be appreciated.

Message 22 of 25
philip.s
in reply to: Temstang97

Welcome to the community Matt!

So a portion of the suite will run natively on a Mac OS (Maya, and Mudbox) and 3ds Max can be utilized on a virtualized environment or Windows partition, however MotionBuilder, Softimage, and SketchBook Designer are not compatible to run on a Mac OS.

I've attached the following compatibility resources for your reference.

List of Mac Compatible Autodesk Products

Autodesk Entertainment Creation Suite Ultimate 2013 System Requirements

Message 23 of 25
Temstang97

Howdy, 

Thank you for your response. Please be patient with me as this is my first experience with Macs. I understand that Maya and Mudbox will run on the Mac. With 3ds Max being able to run on a virtualized environment or Windows partition. Do either of these (virtualized environment or Windows Partition) have an additional cost to get the macs to where they need to be to run 3ds Max. 

Also, just so I am completely clear on this. There is no way that Softimage, Sketchbook Designer and MotionBuilder will run on Mac, even on a windows based platform, if that makes sense. 

So with buying the Creation Suite 2013, those three programs are completely useless on a Mac or Windows environment on a Mac. I'm not trying to be rude at all. Just trying to understand what my school is purchasing.

Thanks

Message 24 of 25
philip.s

Sure thing and completely understandable!

Confirming that the virtualized environment software (Parallells Desktop, and VMware Fusion) has an associated cost, as does setting up a Windows partition (Boot Camp is free) as you need to purchase Windows.

In regards to MotionBuilder, Softimage, and SketchBook Designer, I'm not saying that they can't run on a Mac OS or Windows environment, but rather that they are not supported to run on a Mac OS or Windows environment, and as such you could potentially be dealing with a wide variety of issues.

Message 25 of 25
Temstang97
in reply to: philip.s

This is helpful. Thank You.

Do you know if Autodesk has plans in the future to make these three software pieces available for Mac use. 

Also, with a setup involving bootcamp. Is it difficult to get it set up with Mac OS and Windows. I believe we have a site license for Windows so we would already have that cost in the bag. Just need information on how to get these 20-25 computers set up with Mac OS (already on them) and Windows.

Thanks for everything you have given me so far. It has been helpful.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report