Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

install Autodesk Entertainment Creation Suite Ultimate 2013

24 REPLIES 24
Message 1 of 25
fredquach
3113 Views, 24 Replies

install Autodesk Entertainment Creation Suite Ultimate 2013

When I  install  Autodesk Entertainment Creation Suite Ultimate 2013 - Student/Faculty (USB) for my MAC, I couldn't find the following program like 3ds Max, Softimage and Motionbuilder in the MAC-OS folder. The three programs mentioned  are located somewhere else  and I believe they are for PC installation only. Does anybody here encounter the same problem? How do I install these three programs or where are the ones for MAC? I was able to install Maya,Mudbox and Sketchbox, because they are inside the MAC folder.

24 REPLIES 24
Message 2 of 25
philip.s
in reply to: fredquach

Hello Fred and welcome to the forums!

3ds Max, Softimage and Motionbuilder are not currently compatible to run natively on a Mac OS X. Please see the following Compatability Listing for additional information.

Please accept as a solution or reply with additional questions if further clarification is needed.

Message 3 of 25
fredquach
in reply to: philip.s

Hi Phillip,
  Thanks for your help. I have couple more questions, I hope you can help me out. First, I don't need the Full version of Window 7 professional in order to run the 3ds Max, do I?
second question is: Since I have already registered Creation Suite for Mac, would it cause  any problem when it comes to install the 3ds Max on my Mac with partition , do I need to register separately for PC with different product code?

Fred Quach

Message 4 of 25

Hi Fred,

Autodesk 3ds Max should work better if you install the full version of Windows 7 on the partition.

You should not have problems to install 3ds Max on the Windows partition. You shouldn't be prompted to register separately and you shouldn't need a different product code.

Regards

Simona Golisciano
Message 5 of 25
philip.s

Hello Fred,

Confirming what Simona said in that you will be able to utilize 3ds Max on a virtualized environment including Parallels Desktop, and VMware Fusion or via Boot Camp.

I also wanted to point out that you will need to install 3ds Max from the suite installer (not as a seperate component) and use the suite Product Key (not the 3ds Max Product Key) in order for the software to activate correctly.

Message 6 of 25
jaymz.miller

I'm having a problem with the MAC installer side of things which is killing me - any suggestions please! 

Basically you get the USB key, plug it in, there is a MAC folder and it has all the software installers indivdually - there is not installer call 'entertainment creation suite'. So you install the products and then try and run them - you enter the serial number, and it says it's invalid - because it's a serial number for the entertainment suite, not just for maya or mudbox. When I contact autodesk support, they say install the suite - but there is not MAC suite installer. Or they say check the serial number, but they gave it to me in the first place?!?! This is totally retarded, but it's been going on for two weeks.... anyone have any pearls of wisdom on how to cut through the circular red tape?

Cheers

Message 7 of 25
fredquach

Hi Phillip,

Since I am going to install Windows 7 on Mac via Boot Camp in order to run 3ds Max. There are these two different packages. One is said to be a service pack ( I guess it means SP1?)

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional Full Version OEM 64-bit.
  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional SP1 OEM 64-bit.

which one should I get?

Thanks

Fred

Message 8 of 25
fredquach

Hey Phillip,

One more question. How much space should I allocate for the partition in Boot Camp with the following programs altogather:

Windows 7

3ds Max

Softimage

Motion Builder

Fred

Message 9 of 25
philip.s
in reply to: jaymz.miller

Hi James,

Are you still having activation issues? What Product Keys were you using? The Entertainment Creation Suite one or the ones corresponding to the individual components?

Message 10 of 25
philip.s

Hey Fred,

In case you haven't already, you would want to install the full version and then apply the SP1 afterwards.

In regards to the partition space, you can find the recommended values under each of the components System Requirements, however Softimage and Motion Builder are not supported to run in BootCamp Or Parallels.

3ds Max = Minimum 20 GB disk space for Apple OS partition, minimum 20 GB for Windows OS partition

Message 11 of 25
fredquach

Hi Phillip,
  Unfortunately, I just placed an order early today for the following package before I got your reply.

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional SP1 OEM 64-bit.
  http://www.discountmountainsoftware.com/miwi7prsp1oe3.html

My question now is : Would this package (SP1) work all by itself without having to install the Professional Full version first?

Fred

Message 12 of 25
philip.s

My apologies Fred as I miss read your previous post to represent different 3ds Max downloads and not Windows 7 ones. SP1 for Windows 7 is a free download, and it looks like you purchased a copy of Windows 7 that already contains the SP.

Long story short, the answer to your question is yes, your package should work as is.

Message 13 of 25
jaymz.miller

Hey there,

I tried both but to no avail. After about 20 emails, someone must have authorised it on the Autodesk end finally, because one day, it just started working. Not a very satisfactory conclusion I know - but lets just hope I was a one off and they sort it out.

Cheers!

James

Message 14 of 25

Hi Simona,

I have a question regarding installing 3ds Max, hope you can help me out. During the installation of 3ds Max I got the following message which prevents me from continueing the installation. Do you know how to go about solving this problem? I am the only person using the computer.

Service Mental ray 3.10 Satellite for autodesk 3ds Max 2013-64bit (mi-raysat-3dsmax 2013-64)failed to start.

Verify that you have sufficent privileges to start system services

Fred Quach

Message 15 of 25

Hi Fred,

Your best bet is to ask Autodesk 3ds Max experts on the AREA, our forum for Media&Entertainment software.

Happy New Year!

Best regards

Simona Golisciano
Message 16 of 25
fredquach
in reply to: jaymz.miller

Hi James,

Maybe you can help me out on the PC installer side. On the Mac side, I installed individual program with no problem. On the PC side, according to Phillip, I should install from the SUITE INSTALLER. Where is the suite installer anyway? I tried to look for the 3ds Max in the "x64" folder, but it is individual program, not a suite installer as suggested by Phillip.

I hope you can help me out.

Fred

Message 17 of 25
fredquach

Hey Phillip, ? you mean SoftImage and Motionbuilder can only be run on a real Window machine?? If? I understand correctly, I can only install the Creation Suite on a single machine which is Mac in my case. Basically there is no way I can run these two programs, Right? Fred
Message 18 of 25
philip.s

My apologies for the delayed response Fred. 

You can download all of the components onto your Mac computer, however 3ds Max, Softimage, and Motionbulider need to be utilized in a virtualized environment or Windows partition. 

In regards to installing them, you should have multiple setup.exe files (one 32bit and one 64bit) on your media. Are you able to locate these? If not can you please attach a screen shot of the media components / options?

Message 19 of 25
fredquach

Hi Phillip,
  I am still having trouble with the installation. Included is the capture screen. it keeps telling me I don't have enough disk space. My BootCamp partition has 138GB available.
 Did I select the wrong thing? I hope you can help me out.
  By the way, I have to disconnect from the internet in order to start the installation wizard. Otherwise, it will give me a error 1606 " Could not access network location bin".

Fred

Message 20 of 25
jfogden

I cannot find a place to buy the mac os version of the  "Entertainment Creation Suite Ultimate 2013 Student"  - only windows. 

If I buy the "Entertainment Creation Suite Ultimate 2013 Student"   for windows, are the mac os versions versions included for Maya, Mudbox and SketchBook included as 'universal binary' options? I realize the other apps - 3DS, Softimage and MotionBuilder are windows only.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report