i am tring to install Autocad 2014 on Client through a deployment on server, i am facing a problem when i am running dep.lnk file,
error massege is
the copy functions cannot be used
failed to copy the following files:
when i click on OK a new error massage open that is: c:\user\xim\appdata\local\temp\_AIL3F9.tmp
Then point ok, but another error occurs.
I Uploaded three pictures.Pictures of others similar problems arise,My machine not No screenshot.
help me ,thank you.
deployment on server is win2008 R2. the Client is win7 32bit.I'm running this on a Windows 7 machine I have full admin rights. The FireWall is off and I have full admin rights and read\wright rights to the share on the server
Please try these steps to see if they will allow you to install AutoCAD 2014 from a deployment:
1. Create a network share folder (C:\IDSU2014) on the local system with Full Control permissions granted to the Everyone group.
2. Disable your antivirus software and UAC.
3. Create the deployment and save it in local share (\\computername\ACAD2014).
4. Install the product from the local folder locally on the same system.
If that works and you would like to copy the deployment to the server, please follow these steps:
1. Manually copy the files to the desired destination on the server.
2. In the root of the deployment folder, right-click the main deployment icon and select "Properties". The name of the icon will reflect the name of your deployment.
3. On the "Shortcut" tab edit the paths of the "Target" and "Start in" fields to reflect the \\server\share path on the server.
4. In the \Tools folder, right-click the icon for "Create and Modify a deployment" and select "Properties".
5. On the "Shortcut" tab edit the paths of the "Target" and "Start in" fields to reflect the \\server\share path on the server.
6. In the \IMG folder, open the "<Deployment Name>.ini" file in a text editor. Locate the following lines and change the paths to point to the \\server\share path on the server:
7. Save and close the file.
8. In the same folder, open the IMGX64.ini file in a text editor. Locate and fix the incorrect paths in this file (update them to point to the \\server\share path on the server).
Agreed. This is almost certainly a permissions/anti-virus issue.
To be more clear, make sure that your UNC path shared on the server has full rights to the everyone group on both the share permissions and the file & folder permissions.
Disable UAC and anti-virus on the client.
If you created the deployment as silent mode, edit it so that it is not. Also do not include any updates or service packs.
Make sure the client installing has local admin rights.
Follow up here with your results.
Hello. When I have seen this error, the vast majority of issues are tied to Antivirus being turned on. Copy the installer files locally to C: and turn off your Antivirus.
Then, open your Task manager and look for Antivirus processes and kill them.
I have seen many Antiviruses continue to run after shut off and one which required and uninstall- and once that required a Macafee uninstall utility AFTER the program was uninstalled. Rare, but it happens. AV loves to stop certain functions.
Thank you for taking part in our community!
I am being plagued with this problem while trying to deploy 2014 products.
We have multiple deployments created for seperate products in our Premium and Ultimate suites. There seems to be no rhyme nor reason to the way the errors occur - for example I may be able to install AutoCAD and Revit but not Navisworks on one machine. I then try on another and I can install everything. Then on the next I can install Revit and Navis but not AutoCAD. It really is hit and miss as to what I can install.
I have read and tried the solutions above but nothing has worked. I am the only person doing the installs and I am using my own account which has full administrator privileges. All machines are the same spec, all imaged with the same corporate software image so they are essentially identical.
I could possibly understand if it was always the same packages that triggered the error but as it is so completely and utterly random, I have no idea what on earth is happening here - only that in some 10 years of using network deployments for our Autodesk products, this is the first time I have ever encountered this problem.
Same problem with Autodesk Education Master Suite 2015
Impossible to create a deployment instalation .
Same error messages "The copy fonctions cannot be used" .
Access a broad range of knowledge to help get the most out of your products and services.