Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11
daveg
346 Views, 10 Replies

Install after fire

My pc was destroyed in an office fire, I have licensed upgrades annually since 1999. Having my Serial Number etc. from the 2013 upgrade I purchased the 2014 upgrade but cannot install it on my new pc, what can I do?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
pendean
in reply to: daveg

Cannot install? Please elaborate.
Message 3 of 11
DarrenP

@DaveG wrote:

Having my Serial Number etc. from the 2013 upgrade I purchased the 2014 upgrade but cannot install it on my new pc, what can I do?

what are you trying to install 2013 or 2014?

more detailed info is needed for any help

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 11
daveg

I receive a message during the initial install saying:
"The service pack could not be installed because the expected Autodesk product could not be located on your computer."
"Make sure that you are using the correct service pack for the product."

David E. Gronewoller,
President & CEO

GC Partners, Inc.

A Professional multi-unit Restaurant Owner, Management, & Development Company

David E. Gronewoller

GC Partners, Inc.

President & CEO

3816 Forrestgate Drive

Winston-Salem, NC 27103

mobile: 336.918.0262

telephone: 336.767.1600

daveg@gcpartners.com

fax: 866.329.5807

This email is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed and may contain information
that is privileged, confidential or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this
email is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication
is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify us by telephone
and return the original message to us at the listed email address. Thank you.
Message 5 of 11
DarrenP

@DaveG wrote:
I receive a message during the initial install saying:
"The service pack could not be installed because the expected Autodesk product could not be located on your computer."
"Make sure that you are using the correct service pack for the product."

thats because you need to install the product that the service pack is for before you install the service pack

what product is this supposed to be?

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 11
daveg
in reply to: pendean

During the install process I get a message:

“The service pack could not be installed because the expected Autodesk product could not be located on your computer.”

“Make sure that you are using the correct service pack for the product.”

It is the correct upgrade but won't get to a point for me to input my 2013 version serial number?

Message 7 of 11
daveg
in reply to: DarrenP

Autocad 2014, I've upgraded annually since 1999, the last version upgraded was 2013?

Message 8 of 11
daveg

My apology, it is Autocad LT.

Message 9 of 11
DarrenP

@DaveG wrote:

Autocad 2014, I've upgraded annually since 1999, the last version upgraded was 2013?

i don't know what version your supposed to have

you need to confirm with your reseller on what versions you have access to

your downloading/installing just the service pack

the service pack is not the full product

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 10 of 11
daveg
in reply to: DarrenP

Daren thanks, your help is greatly appreciated. I am at a loss as to get it back, my hard drive and all DVD from original purchase and upgrade DVD's 2013  were burned and I cannot find anywhere related to Autodesk, who has my history of purchases, how to go forward with thier product. My architects use a different program and convert thier drawings to a .dwg format for me to use and look at, I'd rather use what I'm use to than purchase something else.

Message 11 of 11
DarrenP

Have autodesk pull a report on your company here:

http://www.autodesk.com/licensesupport in the drop down menu select pull a report of my licenses

use the chat if possible if not full out the required information on this website

DarrenP

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report