Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Initialization Hangs when Installing from Deployment (2012 Design Academy)

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
brianjeccles
1841 Views, 7 Replies

Initialization Hangs when Installing from Deployment (2012 Design Academy)

Hello,

I've created network deployments for all of the products included in Autodesk Design Academy, however when I go to install them onto clients it hangs up on 'Initializing..." This happens for every product, not just one . If the installation is run in silent mode the progress bar will near the end then jump back to the middle, over and over. I've already tried preinstalling .NET 4.0, running it as an administrator and running it in interactive mode. No errors are displayed and no log files are created.

Thanks in advanced for any help!

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
avto
in reply to: brianjeccles

Just to narrow down the issue, try installing each product locally on your system.

If you are successful, then the issue is with your deployment image.

Regarding log files, they should be in your TEMP folder. To open TEMP folder, type %TEMP% in the address bar of Windows Explorer and hit Enter key.

You can also enable Windows Installer verbose logging to capture msi logs.

Avto Chachava
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 8
AGRIC

I also have the same problem, my server is windows 2008 , 64bits, Initialization stay there forever, I have tried it for 64bit and 32 bits. Please help if you can. Thanks in advance.

Message 4 of 8
technical

I'm trying to install 32bit 'revit structure 2012' deployment to a test pc on the domain using WinXP SP3 - it's been 'hanging' in 'setup is initializing' for days...tried and re-tried again 3x and hangs each time.  Any thoughts?

Message 5 of 8
TravisNave
in reply to: technical

Don't use silent mode, nor add any service packs to the deployment.  See if your results change.  If you get an error, post the install log.

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm trying to install 32bit 'revit structure 2012' deployment to a test pc on the domain using WinXP SP3 - it's been 'hanging' in 'setup is initializing' for days...tried and re-tried again 3x and hangs each time.  Any thoughts?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 8
AGRIC
in reply to: technical

I have the same problem, any help?
Message 7 of 8
rholmes
in reply to: TravisNave

I had this same issue.  After looking for a solution for 2 days now, and then further troubleshooting, I finally reallized that this was happening because I had been instructed to move the original location where all software deployments were kept, to a secure location to which only administrators had access.

Apparently moving the original location where the deployment was created, to a subsequent location, breaks the deployment since all of the pathing deep within the deployment script, still points to the original location.

When I temporarily moved the deployment folder back to its original location on the server, the install worked just fine.  FYI  Hope this helps.

Message 8 of 8
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: rholmes

@rholmes

If you move the deployment there's a few things you need to change and it will work again.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report