Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Infrastructure Design Suite 2014 Installation Causing Computer Shutdown

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
pete.strycharske
245 Views, 2 Replies

Infrastructure Design Suite 2014 Installation Causing Computer Shutdown

All,

I am working with a client who is experiencing a bizarre situation.  When trying to install multiple products through the IDS installer, the computer will shutdown during the installation process and the program never installs.  When trying to just install Civil 3D, the computer shutdown the first time the installation was attempted, but then was successfully completed the second time.  Is this a know issue for IDS 2014?  Does anyone have any ideas?  Thanks in advance for your thoughts and have a most blessed day!

Peace,

Pete

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
DarrenP
in reply to: pete.strycharske

is it blue screening?

have you checked the windows event viewer?

i installed the suites on several  machines none of them ever shut down on me

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
dembkod
in reply to: pete.strycharske

pete.strycharske,

Hello. This is not a normal behavior, no. I am guessing there is a conflict with one of the parts of the installer. First, if they are installing as an INSTALL NOW from the website, stop and do a Browser download instead. We want to eliminate the internet as a fault.

Next, I would check the Event viewer, or the install log in the temp folder to see what the last install program is.

Then I would try to install the programs one at a time to see if you can isolate the issue to a specific program. Also, is this just on one machine?

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report