Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increasing no. of older licenses

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
d.ford
206 Views, 6 Replies

Increasing no. of older licenses

We're an educational establishment, and have 40 network licenses for Autocad 2004 AD. (We don't have a 'subscription').

We don't want to upgrade to a newer version and are quite happy with 2004 - what we _do_ want to do is to increase the size of our computer lab, and consequently increase the number of Autocad 2004 AD licenses we own.

Our suppliers only are selling 2006 licenses - but reading up suggests that the older version won't use the newer licenses.

How/where do I buy more licenses for '2004?

Thanks
Dave
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: d.ford

First, you can't buy 2004 anymore.
Second, as a school why would you keep your student and teacher away from the latest version ?
Third, ask your reseller for a program call Design academy or design institute, that will solve your upgrade issue
Message 3 of 7
d.ford

There is a very simple reason why we'd keep our students and teachers away from the latest version - money. We cannot afford to upgrade to fifty copies of the latest version, but we can afford to extend what we're currently providing by ten licenses. Because we're running a roaming lab enviroment we can't mix up different versions of Autocad. I'd have thought this wasn't a particular bizarre request...

What is the 'design academy/institute' programme?
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

That program is exactly design for that. In Canada, you pay like 5 000$ a year, you get 25 licences (a lab) of about 10 product. That is less that what your 10 new seats ill cost you.
Where are you from ?
Message 5 of 7
d.ford

I'm in the UK. Is the price you mentioned US or Canadian dollars? A 10-user academic network license costs us £995 - about $1700 US or $2000. Throwing out ACAD2004 and replacing it everywhere (seemingly our only option!) would cost us four times that.

I know you get the 'ten products' - but we only use ACAD2004....

This is ridiculous..

Dave
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

I can understand the money issue, but to me, training students on older version is ridiculous.
In a couple weeks you will be 3 versions off, that should ring a bell, no ?
Message 7 of 7
TravisNave

AutoCAD 2004 has not been retired yet. You can still purchase additional licenses. Call Autodesk or your reseller. I am sure they'd be happy to increase your license pool. I am sure that Educational and Government institutions are provided additional options than the standard user.

You may also consider getting subscription on at least one license so that you always have a seat of the latest product. That way you and your students can keep tabs on the changes so they can transition into the real-world.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report