Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect Serial Number

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
michael.anderson.74
1552 Views, 12 Replies

Incorrect Serial Number

I just downloaded the free software for students and was given a serial number and product key but when i put them in to register my software I get this error message:

"The Serial Number or Product Key don't Match. 

Valid format for serial number is (XXX-XXXXXXXX)"

No, I haven't imputted them incorectly.. what can I do to solve this issue?

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Hi michael.anderson.74,

We have had some Download and Activation Issues in our EDU site but everything has been resolved now. Please click here : http://autode.sk/OKbrGd for more details and some troubleshooting steps.

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 3 of 13

I am having the same problem on Sept 28.  Please advise.

Message 4 of 13

Never mind, got it. Thanks.

Message 5 of 13

Hi, I just downloaded the free software "autoCAD" for students and a serial number doesn t work when I try to activate my software. I get this error message: The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again. (1), 

Message 6 of 13
joane.bonghanoy
in reply to: mh187273

Hi mh187273,

Are you trying to Activate AutoCAD for MAC? If so, once you are in the Activation Page choose the option, "I want to Activate this using the 30 day Period". Once done, launch the software and Activate.

To Activate, please click here for Online Self Help or you can click on the "I still need help button" for further assistance needed.

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 7 of 13
mh187273
in reply to: joane.bonghanoy

No, it is autocad for 32 bit windows. I have serial number and request code. It is also invalid when I try to activate it manualy. 

Message 8 of 13
joane.bonghanoy
in reply to: mh187273

Hi mh187273,

Please Private Message me (click on my joane.bonghanoy profile name and then “Send this user a private message) your Serial Number and Request Code.

I will check on it on my end and manually generate the Activation Code.

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 9 of 13

I'm having this problem myself at the moment on my Mac...i've visited the autodesk care page that i've been directed to and tried to solve the issue by following its instruction however, i don't see any option to 'installing in trial mode' anywhere? i'm simply asked to 'choose version', 'language' and 'operation system', then theres just a browser download icon.

any help would be great!?

thanks

Message 10 of 13
r.hughes12
in reply to: r.hughes12

The version I've downloaded and am trying to install is AutoCAD 2012 for Mac...

Message 11 of 13
philip.s
in reply to: r.hughes12

Hello Rosemary and welcome to the forums!

The steps that you had previously described (choose version, language, operation system, and browser download) are those needed to initiate the download process from within the Education Community. Where you able to download the software by clicking on the browser download button?

Once downloaded, opening the .dmg (Mac) will start the installation process at which point you will either be able to input the licensing information of install as a trial.

How to Install Autodesk Software on a Single Computer - LINK

Please let us know if you have any additional questions!

Message 12 of 13

i have the same problem ... !!

Message 13 of 13
philip.s
in reply to: roni-meckawy

Hi Rowan,

In this instance you will need an activation code to manually override the system, of which I'd be happy to generate for you. Please send me a Private Message (click on my philip.s profile name and then "Send this user a private message") with the corresponding request code and serial number.

Please note that for future reference you can also receive an activation code directly from our Registration and Activation team by clicking here.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report