Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect File Extension on student download

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
JDMather
892 Views, 2 Replies

Incorrect File Extension on student download

I always use browser download for the installs (so don't suggest any other technique).

When I go to the page to download using browser it specifically states to start the install with the EXE after downloading Part 1 and Part 2.  Both of the download files, Part 1 and Part 2 end in EXE however.

Browser Download.PNG

The page itself seems to be poorly laid out (note the File Size:3.94 GB text).

I naturally assume that the Part 1 exe is the file to use to start the install process, but after a bit of time I get an error that it is looking for Part 2.rar which doesn't exist from the download.   (as noted - Part 2 download is an exe extension)

Missing rar.PNG

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
DarrenP
in reply to: JDMather

i also noticed in the file name from the screen shot it says preRC

it should say Autodesk_Inventor_2014_Eng_64bit_dlm_001_002.sfx.exe and Autodesk_Inventor_2014_Eng_64bit_dlm_002_002.sfx.exe

hopefully autodesk didn't upload the pre release of inventor to the student site

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
JDMather
in reply to: JDMather

The silence here is deafening.

I downloaded the install from another site (subscription) and it downloaded as one file (with name 001 and 002) and installed fine with my student serial number.

correct file names.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report