Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impression 3 will not install on windows 8?

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
troyseaward
4637 Views, 11 Replies

Impression 3 will not install on windows 8?

Hi,

I have Windows 8 Pro machine (64 bit) which would not install the impression 3, it said that the video card problem. I used the same video card (Nvidia Quadro 600) on windows 7 (64 bit), it's installed without any problem.

I tried to find a similar problem on the website, but I can't find any installation problem for Impression 3 under Windows 8 (64 bit)

I wouldn't have a clue what the problem with it.

Attached is the log file

Can you please help me to find out the solution for this problem?

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
DarrenP
in reply to: troyseaward

this program is dead and gone
autodesk will not make this compatible with windows 8

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 12
troyseaward
in reply to: DarrenP

If that's the case, is there any program from autodesk which able to do colour floor plan images?

If you can suggest me a different program from autodesk which can do the job like that, I would really appreciate it.

Attach is the image that I want to achive.

Thank you

Message 4 of 12
DarrenP

no i don't know any at the top my head

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 12
acwtzwegers

http://usa.autodesk.com/impression/ seems to be still on the Autodesk website... for sale... so I guess it's not as dead and burried as implied before.

Then again, you can accomplish the same quite easily with photoshop, paintshop and a host of other programs.

An old professor at my Architecture study once was thrilled that I had used MSPaint (I hadn't, I used Neopaint) - exclaming how wonderful it was that I could sketch on the PC. 😄

Message 6 of 12
pendean
in reply to: acwtzwegers

It's not for sale: it's free if you are on subscription, but it's a dead product. It has not been updated since AutoCAD 2010. Try to buy it from your link.

System requirements: Vista and XP. It's a dead product:
http://images.autodesk.com/adsk/files/impression_3_faq.pdf
Message 7 of 12
joselube

Solution for install impression 3 on Windows 8:
1. Extract the content from installer (I recommend using winrar or winzip to extract in the same folder).
2. Right click over "Setup.exe", Properties, Compatibility, Compatibility mode, Windows Vista (SP2), Apply, Accept.
3. Run "Setup.exe", clic "OK", wait (if it show ERROR click OK, OK and Accept and run againg), click Next, Click "I accept", click Next, again and again, it shows ERROR, clic OK, OK, Accept.
4. Run "Vespa.msi" and try several times (at least three times) to install, if you have succesfully installed, congratulations!! If not, continue reading...

5. Right click over "Vespa.msi", Properties, Compatibility, Compatibility mode, (earlier)previous version of windows, Apply, Accept.
6. Right click over "Vespa.msi", Properties, Compatibility, click "run the compatibility troubleshooter", click "Test (Run) the program" button, if it show ERROR, clic OK, OK, after click again "Test (Run) the program" button, click Next, Select "I Accept", Next, Next, Next, (If you have UAC actived, Click YES) wait until the installation is complete.

Note: Try several times doing click "Test (Run) the program" button on the compatibility troubleshooter program window if the program is not install. or try closing all windows properties windows and reopen the properties and compatibility troubleshooter.
Play with all compatibility options of "Vespa.msi" incluided run again with compatibility options disabled

Message 8 of 12
bellj
in reply to: acwtzwegers

Just came across this thread. Regarding alternatives to Impression, my coworkers and I have had great luck with M-Color from Motive Systems. Not quite as "artsy" as Impression, but it works inside AutoCAD, is easy to use, gives great results, and is rock solid.

Message 9 of 12
Metron4
in reply to: bellj

I just installed Impression on my Windows 8.1 64-bit system with no problems. I did encounter constant crashing after first use. After installing the hotfix to update two .dll files it appears to be running normally. Also I have to back-save my CAD files to version 2010. I plan to use it to create maps for use with role-playing games such as Dungeons & Dragons.

For reference, here are my computer specs:

- Intel Xeon X5450 Harpertown 3.0GHz 12MB L2 Cache LGA 771 120W Quad-Core Processor
- SuperMicro X7DAL-E-O Dual LGA 771 Intel 5000X ATX Dual Intel Xeon Server Motherboard
- 16GB (4x4GB) Kingston 240-Pin DDR2 FB-DIMM ECC Fully Buffered DDR2 667 (PC2 5300)
- GIGABYTE GV-N460OC-1GI GeForce GTX 460

Message 10 of 12
byrdelsu
in reply to: Metron4

Buenas, donde lo descargaron?

Saludos

Tags (1)
Message 11 of 12
taniabelle
in reply to: Metron4

where can i find the hotfix? its the same of w7? i would appreciate your answere.
Message 12 of 12
lynn_zhang
in reply to: taniabelle

Hi @taniabelle

You can find the hotfix in this post: Here is the Windows 7 hotfix for Impression 3. We had feedback from a use that Impression 3 seems to be working fine in Windows 8 using the Windows 7 hotfix. See Impression 3 - Constant Crashing!  Could you please try the hotfix and see if it works?

Lynn Zhang
Community Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report