Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impression 3 Installation problem

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
sylvialyons
1978 Views, 5 Replies

Impression 3 Installation problem

I have downloaded and installed Impression 3 on my 64-bit Windows 7 computer. The program opens normally, but it will not let me import a file, work on it, and save it. The program crashes each time. What's wrong?

Twice I have been able to import a dwg file. Once I was able to work on a simple project, but not able to save ever.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
hashim.mundol
in reply to: sylvialyons

Please try the hotfix for windows 7

http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=DL14719247

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 6
sylvialyons

The hotfix seems to have done it. However, the Api folder was under Autodesk, not Autodesk Impression 3. Is that a problem?

I still am not able to "Install Dataset" when doing the tutorial exercises for Impression 3. Is this because I am using the tutorial for Impression 2? Or is there a fix for this, too? .... Or can someone just email those files over so I can use them?

Thanks.

Sylvia Lyons

Message 4 of 6

I have the same problem of being unable to import a dwg into Impression, or getting a successful import but then not being able to save the drawing.

I installed the Windows 7 hotfix, with NO success.  I still have the problem.

I am running Autocad Architecture 2011 on Windows 7 64 bit.  Any ideas?

Message 5 of 6
upupa88

I've the same problems...my pc (intel core i7 64-bit, windows 7 home premium edition) is update...I don't know the reason why, but I'm not able to open my dwg: a window opens and says "impression cannot open because it is invalid", then impression window closes itself automatically. can anybody help me?

Message 6 of 6
HoffmanMT

After the installing the hot fix, convert your drawings down to 2010 or later  They should import correctly.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report