Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impossible to download Maya 2015 Student Version

18 REPLIES 18
SOLVED
Message 1 of 19
aaronsk04
7105 Views, 18 Replies

Impossible to download Maya 2015 Student Version

So I've been trying to download Maya 2015 for almost a week now while trying to troubleshoot with existing forum posts to no avail. 

I've tried to do a Browser Download/Install Now in Chrome and Firefox, with firewall and anti virus turned off, but the download will ALWAYS cut off at an arbitrary point, whether at 200mb or 1gb out of the total 1.5gb file size. Attempting to run the .exe results in file corruption error. 

As much as I detest download managers, I even gave the autodesk DL manager a go, but all it does is throw connection fail errors when I try to run it.

I've never had to deal with anything like this when downloading previous versions of Maya. Judging from other forum posts I'm not the only one. After almost a weeks worth of attempts, its getting rather ridiculous. Any other possible solutions?

P.S: Im trying to download the Windows 64 bit english version.

18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
jeffrey.sin
in reply to: aaronsk04

Hi @aaronsk04 ,

Welcome to the Community, apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced with this.

Can you try to download Autodesk Maya 2015 using the links below instead? Note that the Windows installer of Maya 2015 has 2 parts, please save both parts onto the same folder first before running the part 1 .exe file.
Autodesk Maya 2015 for Windows 64bit

Part 1 (.EXE - 1.75GB)

Part 2 (.EXE - 13.0MB)

Let us know how it works out. Thanks,

Jeffrey Sin

Autodesk Customer Support
Message 3 of 19
GnomonVFX13
in reply to: jeffrey.sin

Hi I am having the same problem I tried the downloads you gave which are great but I need a serial key in order to install it so I cant use it as a student eddition. How would I use the files you attached to this thread and still use the install as a student eddition?

Message 4 of 19
Brohecan

I'm having the same issue, with the mac version. Can you please help

Message 5 of 19
aup10k

hello ,the mac users we've got the same problem, what can we do?
Message 6 of 19
SequoiaUA

I'm on a Mac and I'm having the same problem. The download stops. To complicate things, the 2014 version will not complete registration. Evidently SP3 fixes this problem, but I see no way to download 2014 SP3. This is quite frustrating.

Screen Shot 2014-07-15 at 11.49.11 AM.png

Message 7 of 19
ryan_r

Still no luck here with Win 7 x64. Firewall is off. AV is off. What gives?

Message 8 of 19
SequoiaUA

Hey there, several people have posted similar issues on Mac. Is there a download link for the .dmg?

Screen Shot 2014-07-15 at 11.49.11 AM.png

Message 9 of 19
Brohecan
in reply to: SequoiaUA

I was able to get 2014 Maya SP3 from here http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/maya (both mac and win version are avaliable) it installed and correctly recognized student license on my iMac. I using 2014 till 2015 gets resolved. Hope it helps

Message 10 of 19
RedSector

I cant get into my subscription center because i tried to login too many times and now i cant get in. Is this permanent or not? what do i have to do to get in. All i need to download is the Part 2 .exe file for maya 2015.

Message 11 of 19
ryan_r

Hi All,

I can share a dropbox link for the 2015 installer.... I found a 2 part download for 2015 SP2 somewhere else on the Autodesk site, but I can't recall where. If the mods say OK, I'll share it.

Rest assured, the download problem is Autodesk's, not on the user end. I wish they'd fix it.

-Ryan

Message 12 of 19
kiko15

it doesn't work... i cant download the files " Part 1 (.EXE - 1.75GB)
Part 2 (.EXE - 13.0MB) " because is requesting me information that i don't have.
please i request a solution to this issue quicker as possible, due the fact of needing urgently Maya 2015 for my university assignments

thank you
Message 13 of 19
camilo.lemos
in reply to: kiko15

Hi @kiko15 and welcome to the Autodesk Community:)

Please, disable your firewall and anti-virus programs and download the software from our Virtual Agent linked here (click on Download Links, choose product and version). You should then be able to activate the product with the serial number provided by the Education Community.

I hope this helps!

Camilo Lemos

Message 14 of 19
TessaJohnson

I have tried the Part1 and Part2 links, but i get this message when it tries to process listed by the Autodesk person, which results in the following message:

Maya Part1- Account not linked to active Subscription1a.png This is supposed to be a free student edition, so not understanding why i get this message.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is what I've tried before:

I started on this page:

http://www.autodesk.com/education/free-software/maya

Chose Maya 2015 Englishversion for Windows 64 bit

I made sure my Avast was permentantly disabled, and rand my AVG registry defrag and cleaner as well as clearning temp files for all browsers. I used Google Chrome as my default brower

I scroll down the licsense to the bottom, just incase that is detected, then choose INSTALL NOW buttons and accept the services agreement and click on the INSTALL button.

I get the spinning message and the install download starts as seen here:

Maya lt download off akamui D.L manager1a.png

I click on the app and get this screen

Maya lt download off akamui D.L manager1c.png

Which is here things shut down and i get the following message on what to do next, with is do the same dangthing all over again!

Maya lt download off akamui D.L manager1d.png

The lotof us have tried everything:

Shutting down our virus protection, which should be noted that I haven't been asked to do this in YEARS by any software, including the last time I installed something from Autodesk

Updating our OS - Windows in this case, which again I haven't been asked to do this in YEARS by any software, including the last time I installed something from Autodesk

Dumping temp internet files FOR ALL BROWSERS ... just to be sure. Again, I haven't been asked to do this in YEARS by any software, including the last time I installed something from Autodesk

Checking my internet connection .... I'm watching Hulu on my other touch screen laptop and the router is on my desk, so I know when that's not working and it was.

Tried downloading the student version of the browser download, but got told I needed a subscription .... but its supposed to be free to students.

Is Autodesk just not really wanting to help students, cause guys .... this isn't rock science. PLEASE FIX THIS SO WE CAN LEARN!!! Or give us a real solution that actuall works! This makes me want to take this issue up with our school and recommend another program, cause there definitley are other options. 

Message 15 of 19
originalgonzo

Same problem.Capture.JPG

Message 16 of 19

Hey Original ... I just kept nudging the Autodesk folks tillthey sent me a link that didnt' require i go through the cloud. That was the only thing that worked. You make up your own mind if all this tail chasing is intentional or not. 

BE ONE WITH THE SQUEAKY WHEEL, MY SON *bows ... smirking*

Tessa

Message 17 of 19
naifb.ab121
in reply to: RedSector

I personally have no idea, but I feel like that this deserves its own thread/article/question. Nobody will  pay attention to your reply, since it's under somebody else's question. Try asking the question on a thread of its own. 

Message 18 of 19
akampurira-m

Hello, kindly help me get Autodesk MAYA 2015 student version. Thank you

Message 19 of 19
DarrenP
in reply to: akampurira-m

2015 is not available anymore

all versions that are available are here: https://www.autodesk.com/education/edu-software/overview?sorting=featured&page=1

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report