Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12
kevibarr
894 Views, 11 Replies

imaging autodesk

Hi,

I am building an lab image to install onto 125 systems. My question is how can install autocad without users encountering installing first run and installing language packs. In the olds days of XP I used to run all the autodesk software as administrator and then copy the administrator profile over to the default user profile and that would be all the "first run" taken care off.

Now when I build my image and run the autodesk software and then sysprep (windows 7) the system. Anyone who logs on has to go through the inital startup run. It is very time consuming in a class room enviroment with limited teaching time.

Has anyone any advice on this issue. Sorry for the rambling style of the post.

Kind Regards,

Kevin

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
TravisNave
in reply to: kevibarr

Unless you make a single dummy account for every user to use, you cannot.  The program will create specific profile settings for each unique user. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 12
kevibarr
in reply to: TravisNave

Thanks

Message 4 of 12
llangel

Were you able to image your original computer and clone/copy onto the other 124 devices?  I am trying to do this on a mere 20 and having troubles when licensing them.  Just wondering if you might have a work around for that problem?

Thanks

Message 5 of 12
TravisNave
in reply to: llangel

Stand-alone licensing will simply not work for activation when imaged.  You can image network licensed products only.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 12
kevibarr
in reply to: llangel

Hi,

Like Travis said they are are network licenses, so its easy to clone. We use Zenworks here for large scale deployment and clonezilla for some smaller installs.

Kevin

Message 7 of 12
TravisNave

Likewise, I use Acronis Snap Deploy.  I always recommend network licensing the product. It is worth the one-time fee. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 8 of 12
DarrenP

i found this article

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2015/ENU/Autodesk-Licensing/fil...

Note: If using Norton ™ Ghost ™ or another image utility, do not include the Master Boot Record.

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 9 of 12
TravisNave
in reply to: DarrenP

Yeah, I mean that would work for activated products on a reimage because of how it writes to the MBR.  Same reason you can't reinstall a trial.  🙂

Autodesk Forums:
Message 10 of 12
Anonymous

So if i am creating a single computer system with all the software I need, copying that system image, and then cloning that image to a lab I need to use a network license, not a stand alone (multi-seat) license (product key,activation)?

Message 11 of 12
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

That is correct. Imaging a stand-alone activation does not work.  Network licensed products do not contain a local license.  They ask it from the license server.  So clone away!

@Anonymous wrote:

So if i am creating a single computer system with all the software I need, copying that system image, and then cloning that image to a lab I need to use a network license, not a stand alone (multi-seat) license (product key,activation)?

Autodesk Forums:
Message 12 of 12
Anonymous

If I do not have a designated server can I use any computer in my lab as the license server?  In addition what do I do if I already installed a stand alone (multiseat) educational copy of Maya 2015 on my computer which is going to be cloned? Do I need to uninstall Maya and reinstall it, or can I deactivate it and set it up to look for the server?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report