Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Im missing elevations tool under project browser on R15. I had 14 be4 n no pro.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jimenez.se
2121 Views, 4 Replies

Im missing elevations tool under project browser on R15. I had 14 be4 n no pro.

Im missing elevations tab/tool/ under project browser on Revit 15. I had 14 previously and this didn't happen.

I downloaded 3 times already, I fixed it 8 times and still this error shows. then I select either Metric or Impirial and the ELevation tab doesn't show. SOme ppl say you have to make a cut before that options shows up but not. that's sometning else.

how to fix this? not even IT staff can find it..

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
s.koulis
in reply to: jimenez.se

Have you tried to create an elevation? from the View tab > Elevation ?

Missing the category from the Project Browser just means that thera are no Elevation Views in the File... have you tested any previous version files that had elevations? 

Have you assigned a valid path for the Family Templates from the Options? can you post a screen grab?

Hope this Helps

Message 3 of 5
enslinj
in reply to: s.koulis

Hi there,

I don't think it's a Revit error per say. I think the problemlies with the fact that you not opening a "valid" template file.

My sugestion is....

Use windows explorer to see if the installation is correct.

Go to: local disc c:/Program Data/Autodesk/RVT2015/Templates/ (Imperial or metric) depending on your setup.

Look at the attached screen shot & Step 1 to see the .rte files you should be seeing.

If its empty, let me know & I can upload a template file for you.

If you do see the .rte files move on to step 2 & 3

Click "R", options, File locations, click green + sign & browse to the approriate file location (mentioned above) of your .rte files & click ok.

The Revit startup screen should now show your new Template option, click that template file & your problem should be solved.

I used the "default" as example, but if you may find the "Architecture" template is a better choice for you.

Hope this helps

Message 4 of 5
schimma21
in reply to: enslinj

enslinj 

hi friend,

i cant find the revit templates in my c drive...can u please upload it for me...ur post helped me lot...thank you...

Message 5 of 5
schimma21
in reply to: s.koulis

hi ,

i can find the elevation in my project browser when i open the default projects in revit...but when i open a new project i cant find elevation in my project browser.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report