Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I change from PC to Mac can I transfer my Maya license?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Loz1977
2803 Views, 4 Replies

If I change from PC to Mac can I transfer my Maya license?

I have maya 2012 on my PC desktop and laptop, but I'm working for a company that uses Mac for everything. Can someone tell me if it's possible to transfer my license from PC to Mac? I might want to put it on a Mac laptop but keep my PC desktop. Do I have any options?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
camilo.lemos
in reply to: Loz1977

Hi Loz1977,

you will be able to activate Maya for Mac using the same product details you currently have (serial number/ product key).

I have sent you a temporary download link for Maya for Mac. Just click on your private messages (envelope icon up there by your username) and you will be able to download the product.

Let me know if you have any more questions!

Camilo Lemos

Message 3 of 5
Loz1977
in reply to: camilo.lemos

Thanks for the reply. Would I need to uninstall it on one of my PCs first?

Also, is there anything stopping me changing the license back to my PC at a later stage?

Thanks,

Lawrence

Message 4 of 5
camilo.lemos
in reply to: Loz1977

Hi again,

You will need to transfer the license from your PC to the Mac you are going to use. This can be done by using the License Transfer Utiliy. The same process can be used to transfer your license back if you need to do it in the future.

Camilo Lemos

Message 5 of 5
elimay
in reply to: camilo.lemos

What if my PC stops working and I cannot deactivate my licence to transfer to another machine so I can keep using it?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report