Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDSP 2015 Deployment including additional files

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mbennum
426 Views, 3 Replies

IDSP 2015 Deployment including additional files

I am trying to create a Civil3D deployment from my Infrastructure 2015 suite, same process I used last year. What I want to do is include a profile, some plot setup files, and my enterprise .cui file along with the deployment, which I should be able to do. Since Autodesk doesn't give us the option to do that with Civil3D, I check the box to include vanilla Autocad as part of the deployment, and then I want to use the Additional Files option to add those files to my installation. The problem is when I try to add a folder to that Additional Files section, I get an error that says the maximum allowable path length is -18 (negative 18!) and that my path of 2 characters (C:) is too long. The exact error is "This path would be too long for the destination folder: "" Please limit the new name to -18 characters (currently 2)" Has anyone else ever seen this? I don't have this issue with my building design or plant3d deployments, just this Infrastructure Suite, which is pretty frustrating. The pc is a new i7 quad core, running Win7, and I do have admin rights. I also tried running the installer as administrator, wondering if it was a permissions issue, but that didn't seem to help.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
rkmcswain
in reply to: mbennum

I know this doesn’t address your particular issue, but problems such as those you describe are why I quit trying to modify deployments ± 10 years ago. I post process everything using AutoCAD startup files along with “bootstrapping” the initial launch of AutoCAD/C3D. This works no matter how many users log on to the same machine or when they do it.

Having said that, I will be watching here to see if there is a solution for the issues you mentioned.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 4
mbennum
in reply to: rkmcswain

Yeah I'm kind of getting the same feeling. After my initial deployment I use MS group policy to be able to push files to the end user machines if I need to, I may resort to just doing that for everything that isn't part of the base install. I did try running the install and creating the deployment from a different computer and got the same error, so it doesn't seem to be a problem with the computer I'm using anyway.
Message 4 of 4
mbennum
in reply to: rkmcswain

I got a reply back from Autodesk on my help ticket. Their response was that they WERE able to reproduce this, and it's a bug, but they don't have any ETA for a fix yet. Their solution was to download standalone AutoCAD and build that deployment separately with my files in that. Not really a great solution, so I'll probably end up creating a batch file to do what I need I guess.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report