Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDSP 2014 deployment setup

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
wvyhonsky
963 Views, 10 Replies

IDSP 2014 deployment setup

Hi -

I am creating a deployment for IDSP 2014.  Why isnt the "search paths and file locations" option available for Civil 3d?

It is there for AutoCad and a few others.  If I set the paths in the AutoCad setup wll they be set the same for Civil 3D?

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Darin.Green
in reply to: wvyhonsky

Did you ever get an answer (workaround) regarding the support file search paths for Civil 3D? if so, I would like to know your solution.

If this information was helpful, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution by using the Accept as Solution

Message 3 of 11
pcchenard
in reply to: Darin.Green

What the heck is up with this?  I can't believe the Search Paths and File Locations settings aren't available to customize.

Message 4 of 11
brandon.s111
in reply to: wvyhonsky

I know this is old but we're about to create a deployment C3D 2014 and we're wondering if anyone came up with an answer?

Message 5 of 11
Darin.Green
in reply to: brandon.s111

Hi Brandon,

Please provide a little more information regarding the issue you're having with building the deployment. Also, attach any screenshots and/or log files.

Thanks,

If this information was helpful, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution by using the Accept as Solution

Message 6 of 11
brandon.s111

As the OP stated the search paths and file locations aren't available to set when creating a deployment under Civil 3D 2014.  If we set them in the Autocad section will they also set for Civil 3D?

Message 7 of 11
Darin.Green

Sorry Brandon, I was thinking of another post. lol...

No, Autodesk removed the ability of setting the resource paths with Civil 3D, so you'll have to do this after the installation. Also, the AutoCAD paths will NOT carry over into Civil 3D as they are separate applications.

As a recommendation, you could install Civil 3D onto your machine and make the neccessary changes to Options > File then export the profile or registry key (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R20.0\ACAD-E000:409\Profiles\<<C3D_Imperial>>) and have you're users import it.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Message 8 of 11
brandon.s111

All good.  Thanks for help!

Message 9 of 11
m_latz

After you've created the deployment for C3D in the folder .\Img\x64\C3D you have the C3D.msi and C3D-<deployment-name>.mst files.

You can load these two files in Orca (free MSI and MST editor) and adapt the .MST file for your needs. You can edit/modify all configurations, paths etc. you need.

When you create the deployment it is just what it also does. You put your settings in the setup dialogs and the setup program creates a .MST file to bring these changes to the C3D.MSI file.

If you export and import the settings manually after the installation, you have to do this for every user.

If you modify the MST file, these settings (additional paths, etc.) are automatically set every time the "per user" installation is triggered from your installation as in previous releases.

Download for orca msi editor:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa370557(v=vs.85).aspx

A preview from the transformation of the C3D.MSI after a standard deployment:

PropertyPreview.png

regards

Markus

Message 10 of 11
brandon.s111
in reply to: m_latz

Thanks, I'll have to give this a shot!

Message 11 of 11
m_latz

If you need further assistance let me know, then I will help you.

regards

Markus

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report